I guess this is a question for the guys.

Esglee

My boyfriend and I are getting an apartment together. And have been hitting on the topic of marriage very lightly.

He will say " we have the rest of our lives .....".

Last night we were at the Cinema, and in the movie, this couple finally hooked up and decided to get married. As, the was going on, he touched my leg, and smiled.

I am very much in love with this wonderful man and he feels the same way about me. But, I am still not sure of his thoughts on us getting married.

Maybe, I am just insecure. Any thoughts out there? 😊 Thank you

Esglee:

It is always best to have a clear discussion on such matters:

I am still not sure of his thoughts on us getting married.

When you say you are getting an apartment together do you mean you are purchasing an apartment together?

If so you need to ensure that the legalities and formalities are observed so that the property is in both your names.

Agreed. Depending on how long you two have been together, it may not be appropriate to ask about marriage as it directly relates to him marrying you, but it's certainly important to be on the same page with regard to marriage as an overall life goal.

ETA: While I'm someone who is big on cohabitation before making any big decisions about marriage, I understand many people aren't. If you're someone who needs to know the ball is rolling that direction prior to moving in with someone, that's obviously something to assert sooner than later.

Archived