Could I end up with my boyfriend's brother?

Alice Grape

It sounds bad; I know. I have been seeing a guy for two months, now. He lives with his older brother, and I go to their house, often. He's a sweet guy, and we get along great, but I feel no attraction to him. I enjoy his company, but when we kiss the feeling isn't there, for me. His brother, on the other hand, is a lot like him as far as being sweet, an our getting along is concerned. The trouble is that I see more of myself in his brother. We click in a different way, and I've always gravitated more toward him, mentally. The other night, we were all talking, and I touched his brother's arm. I didn't expect it, but that spark that people look for in their partner was there, and I can't stop thinking about him. I don't know what to do. Help.

I've been there a bunch of times. It's always the girl I'm dating that has the friend that's way hotter and way more fun.

The "spark" you felt was because you can't have it. Everything is more exciting when you're not supposed to.

I know of a lot of people that met through the person they WERE dating. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes there is drama. If I were you I would call it off with the brother IMMEDIATELY. Don't string him along to get close to the brother. That's not right at all. Break it off and figure out how to pursue what you want but either way....you have to wait awhile and there will be people that say negative things. How old are you if you don't mind?

How old is the older brother? Just break up with the guy rather than string him along if there's no attraction.

Sorry you may have a crush on the brother, but it's kinda low-rent to dump this guy and go for his brother.

He lives with his older brother, and I go to their house, often. I see more of myself in his brother.

I appreciate the advice. I'm 20, the guy I'm with is 21, and his brother is 25. Ages aren't an issue, and his brother isn't even, necessarily, "hotter." We've just always been more alike. I feel like an ass for my attraction to him, but we seem better for each other. I haven't discussed it with his brother, but I've picked up on a mutual gravitation. Anymore advice is welcomed.

again. you are with BF, hoping to hook up with someone else. at least dump him before you enterntain that idea, much less monkey-branch to his brother.

edit- sensitive but clean. i'm not feeling this. i don't think we're right for each other. i'd rather break it off now, so that noone's time is wasted.

methinks drama between him and bro. and you and bro and the ex.

it's why most people exercise the self-restraint to not get involved with their (ex)partner's family.

if he dumped for your sister, how would you feel and act around both of them? he will likely feel the same. it would also mean you'd see your ex and his reactions often enough to feel uncomfortable.

and there's the chance the brother turns you down.

So this will go one of two ways.

Years from now when you and bro are married with kids you will be telling people how you met and you dated his bro first etc.

Or you will learn it was more exciting when you were "not supposed to" and the whole thing crashes in an giant facebook ball of fire and drama. Maybe not that bad but you get the point

It would be better after you tell the current bf you are not feeling it to move on and find a better dating pool. Do you really want to be passed around in the remote chance the brother would bother with someone who dumped hid baby bro?

Keep in mind, the older brother will see how you treat guys. And do you think someone you dumped will want you in his place having sex in the next room with his brother?

I feel like an ass for my attraction to him, but we seem better for each other. I haven't discussed it with his brother, but I've picked up on a mutual gravitation.

Archived