Distant brother

Luv2win

I'm really needing advice about a family issue. I have a son who's been incarcerated in a diff state for 2 yrs, for some serious charges. His bond was set at 60000 if he bond out he will have to meet these conditions 1. Pay 5100 upfront payment arrangement on the remainder 2. He have to wear a ankle bracelet which willl cost 300 per month. 3. I would have to find him a apartment to live in to case is tried. 4. I would have to provide his daily needs. Which would have been a finacial nightmare, when I didn't have the money in the first place. This is my only child and it hurts that I can't provide him with those things to get him out. But the issue I have is that my son is very resentful of me because I haven't been able to bond him out. I'm a single parent. Well today my older brother which is more like the black sheep said some hurtful things to me acussing me of abandoning my son and he called me all types of names he said I wasn't and that I should have been got him out, in which I'm trying now being he has a place to live. My brother text me mean things stating I took my son money and even went as far as to say my son think I'm full of and not going to get him out.. basically my son have no faith in me. My brother went on to call me es and ugly names. I struggled deeply with depression and has been hospilized for it because of this. I no if he's discussing this with my son my son feel the same way, maybe my brothers right.. he said things I wouldn't ever think he say to me and I'm very hurt right now and don't no what to do! Should I be upset and cried out or keep doing the best I can? By ignoring my brother

Well, unless your brother wants to pony up he really has nothing to say. Right? I am so so sorry you can't help your child with this. But if you can't you can't . I can't imagine how you feel. But he has committed a serious offence don't you think maybe he should stay there? I can imagine that would be so brutally hard as a mother though .

Even though you love him as your only son, he is an adult and he, not you, needs to pay for the consequences of his actions.

When he is released he can go the same route any other parolees have to take. Do not let you son or your brother manipulate you or make you feel guilty.

Your son is the guilty party here, not you. You didn't "abandon" your son. He got himself incarcerated as an adult. Ignore and cut your brother off, he is wrong.

I'm really needing advice about a family issue. I have a son who's been incarcerated in a diff state for 2 yrs, for some serious charges. my older brother said some hurtful things to me acussing me of abandoning my son

Archived