When/How do I do This?

lifesatrip

I'm in a foreign country, met a guy, and started dating him for two weeks. I wasn't sure about the chemistry and at one point said we should just be friends, and he agreed. But I quickly regretted that. I became more attracted to him. It became obvious from both sides that neither wanted to be just friends. We have been seeing each other every day (sometimes just to go run), and he made some subtle physical advances (like arm around shoulder as he walks me home, and kissed my neck once).

We got totally drunk Fri night and ended up having sex. I slept over and we had sex again in the morning. I was absolutely not planning to have sex with him, but was wanting to fool around a bit and see how the chemistry felt. But we were so drunk, I don't even remember getting into bed with him.

It was definitely too much too soon, and has also made me realize that I do not have the right chemistry with him as much as I would like to.

However he is acting more boyfriend-like, inviting me out the very next night, inviting me to spend the night again. I was very hungover yesterday so I din't say anything other than that I was hungover and tired and would stay in that night. He likely has no idea that I'm not on the same page.

I feel bad. I know I have to let him no that I am not feeling the physical/romantic part of the relationship (though I wouldn't mind staying friends.

I need advice as to how to break up with him, considering it is a non-relationship. i was thinking to call him, but am wondering if it would be better in person. Another complication is that he is in the process of opening a restaurant with his best friend, and they are opening tomorrow. So I don't want to be an and tell him at the wrong time. At the same time, I have no idea what his feelings for me are, they could be completely shallow, and it might not phase him too much.

Please help me decide when and how to do this. I am tempted to call him today and do it over the phone or in person, but am not sure if this is bad timing considering the restaurant thing. The longer I wait though, I will have to come up with excuses as for why I won't see him, which would probably be hurtful.

Thanks

Thanks for the responses. He has already contacted me asking me to run with him. To be honest I am having 2nd thoughts about the lack of chemistry. But when honest with myself I know that it isn't right, so I should probably just cut things off to avoid stringing him along.

I hate these situations.

The consensus seems to be that I should wait until after the restaurant opens. Not sure how to act until then. Make excuses to not see him? Respond to his messages without warmth or flirtation? It will seem strange and he will know something is up. Is it really better to wait? I was thinking maybe I can tell him on the run this afternoon (have not agreed to go yet). Would that be bad to spring upon him then?

Archived