I think my bf is falling out of love with me

I've been dating this amazing Taurus man for about a year now. ( from what I heard taurus men are very loyal and very mysterious)We met online, and although he's a little older than me(he's 34 I'm 23, but he looks like he's in his late 20s ) we have many things in common and get along very well. He works for a trucking company so he travels alot. This makes it harder for us to see each other tho but when we do it is usually like twice a week each month. He says that sometimes he even changes his entire route just so we could spend time together which is great. It shows that he's putting some effort into the relationship and I respect that. He would call everyday and text when he couldn't,letting me know that he was never too busy for me. So everything was wonderful until..circumstances made it difficult for me to meet him. Either he was too far away or I would miss his call when he was in town and miss the chance to see him. He began to feel as though I no longer wanted him or had no time for him and became very distant bc of it but when I explained, things Eventually went back to normal. He even suggested that we get closer and that I should make time to go travelling with him. I agreed and made plans to but he never showed due to bad timing, and him losing his job. Which then prevented us from seeing each other for 3 months. It's been like a month since he's been hired onto his new job but things have changed he can't reroute like he used to which makes it hard for us to meet up. So we haven't seen each other since November and he's become even more distant to the point where it's one text a day and no reply until the day after or sometimes sending random msgs hours later that have nothing to do with the conversation but I never get a response. I'll tell him I love him but sometimes get no reply. It makes me feel so stupid. Like talking to a wall. But it's so hard to ignore him I keep running back to him trying to talk to him knowing I never get a response until the morning after or none at all. I just don't know what to do..he says he still loves me and that his heart belongs to me but he's not showing it. Idk if he wants me to chase him or if he's trying to tell me that he doesn't love me anymore...I still have plans to go with him this coming week but I'm not sure if I should or not? What's going on?

First of all, him being a "Taurus" has absolutely nothing to do with anything. That sort of stuff is good for a laugh if that's your thing, but I wouldn't take it seriously.

I think your best bet right now is just to go with him as planned and see what happens. You've spent a lot of time apart and so maybe just need a chance to reconnect a little. I would also make it clear that you aren't satisfied with his current level of effort. Don't turn into a demanding harpy; that'll only drive him away. Just let him know that you need a little more attention if he wants this to work out. If he can't be bothered, then you have your answer as to whether he's fallen out of love with you.

But even if he does start putting in more effort, some things still aren't going to change. His job means that he'll only ever have so much time for you, so I think you'd better ask yourself if you can live with that. Maybe you need a boyfriend who is able to give you more time and attention.

I understand that I won't always have his time and attention. He works/drives 14hrs a day and I've always been patient with him I guess I just worry sometimes.. I will try and see what happens this week and hope that things get better. Thanks for the advice. And ur right about that..I feel eventually I will find someone who can give me that but right now I'm still emotionally tied so I can't just give up yet. But thank you again.

Okay, +1 on krankor, please knock it off with the "taurus" crap. I don't know why some many women think zodiac signs are important. I agree, they're fun to think about or have a laugh at, but you shouldn't take them seriously as to judge a persons true character or integrity.

Number two - this man is too old for you. I've posted the story of my parents a few times on here, but my dad is about 15~ years older than my mother. They're now into old age, and she's being put in positions to have to take care of him, and it's very draining/exhausting. You shouldn't date someone so much older than you, I would say +/- 5 years tops.

Number three - sounds to me like he is losing interest in you. A job doesn't excuse someone from not communicating with you. He made the time before and now he's not. I think you should let this guy go and find someone more age appropriate. There are plenty of us out there. Not to mention - this guy has a terrible job to be with a woman. Truck drivers are on the road too much.

I was in your shoes recently. My ex started to drift away. For me it ended up as a break up, tat doesn't mean yours will, but if you want to save yourself from some pain, talk to him about it. Not about the way he is distant, he will always tell you he is busy and it might also be true. Ask yourself what you want from the relationship, can you see an ending (distant wise)? Do you have a plan about your relationship? If not, make one, if you don't want to make one, then you should probably leave. LDR can not last without a plan to close the distance.

11 years is a bit too much for me, but what is troubling me isn't the difference as much as the ages themselves. If you were 34 and he was 45, i could see that ending better. 23 with 34, i am sure you both want totally different things from life and you should not care if he just "looks" younger or even acts younger. (if he acts your age, run and don't look back)

It's good you already know that he might not be "the one" and you are hanging on because you still have feelings though!

Take care and keep us posted!

I was in your shoes recently. My ex started to drift away. For me it ended up as a break up, tat doesn't mean yours will, but if you want to save yourself from some pain, talk to him about it. Not about the way he is distant, he will always tell you he is busy and it might also be true. Ask yourself what you want from the relationship, can you see an ending (distant wise)? Do you have a plan about your relationship? If not, make one, if you don't want to make one, then you should probably leave. LDR can not last without a plan to close the distance.

11 years is a bit too much for me, but what is troubling me isn't the difference as much as the ages themselves. If you were 34 and he was 45, i could see that ending better. 23 with 34, i am sure you both want totally different things from life and you should not care if he just "looks" younger or even acts younger. (if he acts your age, run and don't look back)

It's good you already know that he might not be "the one" and you are hanging on because you still have feelings though!

Take care and keep us posted!

Well he keeps saying he wants to get "closer" but hasn't explained how he plans to do that. I feel like he's hinting at something. So perhaps I should ask him more about that.

I was wary about his age at first I felt that we would never understand each other. But that's not a problem and even tho he looks young for his age he still acts his age. So no worries there. I just need to know if he's still interested so I will definitely ask him those questions. Thank you so much and I will!

• 1 month later...

Ok so I almost forgot about this..I finally found out what he meant about getting closer. It just seemed to come out of nowhere and he was hitting me with all these serious questions like, we've hit the one year mark are you sure this is what you want? Do you see yourself living with me? Would you be willing to move in with me ? All of it sounded so exciting and it showed me that he was planning on closing the distance between us so yes I was all for it. But then he told me, I think you're really smart and I see ur potential, I think u should join the airforce cuz it'd be perfect for u...ok, pause. What??? Why would he ask me if I want to live with him and then tell me to go even further away from him. It made absolutely no sense and his reasoning for it , the fact that it'll keep me from struggling for the rest of my life, I suppose but it'll also keep me away from my son and him..so naturally I thought he's trying to get rid of u, it's time to let him go. When I told him that I didn't think the airforce was the best decision, he said ok no pressure do whatevers best for u and we didn't talk about it again. After that day I didn't hear from him for a week!!..when I did get in contact with him he acted as if he didn't want to be bothered. On his facebook he was posting subliminal messages..I really hate when people do that, it's so immature. When I'd ask if everything was ok he'd shrug it off. I soon got to the point where I was tired of asking and decided to find out what was really going on. Well you know how they say don't go looking for something if you don't want to find out(or however that saying goes) but it's so true. Basically I found out that he had met and been talking to a girl that was a year older than me, she was in the military, and he apparently met her the same way he met me go figure. I came to the conclusion that he must've met her someone between the time he lost his job and now..that's plenty of time to meet someone and start a new relationship. And the only reason he was now showing me attention was bc she was stationed overseas and he couldn't see her. how can someone be so selfish. I just wasted so much time bc I was being lead on and strung along. Get this tho when I asked him about it he claimed that was his baby mama and that they had an 11 year old son together so naturally he still had love for her. Oh and that he didn't want her bc she already has a man..ok I know I failed math in highschool but how in the world could he have an 11 yr old child with a 24-25 yr old woman..how?!! God when I tell you I dropped him so fast. The girl must've broke his heart and that's why he was acting so weird with the strange posts and behavior but whatever...he's tried calling and texting me but I won't answer and I was sad and so hurt at first but now I feel relieved..another life lesson..never date a trucker no matter how cute they may be lol

Archived