So my ex gf -mother of my child we have been broken up for 8 months now after 3 years of relationship - two nights ago we had sex and last night we spoke about previous issues and agreed on that we are happy to give it another shot, we texted all night after that she asked if we could spend NYE together and then go away the weekend after.

Next morning she said she is terrified and has a lot of thinking to do! Few minutes later she said she want to complete one year of our break up and see if are meant for each other and if we truly love each other four months won't change anything.

I just cannot comprehend how her mind changed in less then 24 hours!

We broke up at first place as she was confused to what she wants at that time.....

She was confused= the break up and she still is.

To NOT want to go ahead and work on things again, she's backing off, again.

She's still uncertain. I'd suggest to continue to give her that space & time. Do NOT give in to her sexually or any other way.

Because, in the end, IF you two don't end up back together, it'd most likely end up hurting YOU even more, again.

Think for yourself here. Don't get caught up in her confusion of this.

Until she is definite, dont go there.

She's clear that stepping back into commitment soup will be the same drag she walked away from. She hasn't gotten her ya-ya's out in the time you've been apart. Pushing her toward getting back together is a big mistake. It just keeps you tied to hope and expectations, while those are the very things that kill it for her.

I'd skip putting a timeline on trying again. I'd quit all contact, focus on grieving, healing and moving myself forward--with zero focus on whatever she does. However much she may have missed you, it wasn't enough for her to view getting back together as desirable--so walk away.

If the two of you are a 'meant to be' deal, she'll have no problem catching up with you in the far, far future. By then you'll have cultivate a whole new life that lifts you out of this focus on her and gives you a healthier perspective. Unless and until YOU are willing to get yourself to that higher ground, you'll remain stagnating in a place that she does not want to revisit. So skip that. It's not good for either of you. Move FORward.

Head high.

Archived