Ladies who are on dating sites, is a guy screenname really that important??

ConfusedDater

Just wondering if my past screenames have been to BORING and played a role in me not getting a reply from the woman I WANT. My past screenames are below

bigtallandsexy

tallfriendlyguy

cuteandclassyguy

tallandclassy

ShyHandsomeGuy

TvandSportsGuy

I'm about to join a new dating site and would appreciate if any woman on here can tell me if any of the names above was kind of DULL. I really thought it was all about your PICTURE not your screename

It's about your PROFILE for me. Pictures make no difference. Screen name, sometimes. There was a guy trying to write me on okcupid once whose name was "need_p***Y" (use your imagination if the mods delete it!). It does make a difference. Here's my take on these names:

bigtallandsexy--Big could mean obese. Sexy is subjective.

tallfriendlyguy--Tall is irrelevant, as nearly all sites out there can have your height listed

cuteandclassyguy--I'd nix the cute. That's subjective.

tallandclassy--Again with the tall

ShyHandsomeGuy--Shy isn't the way you want to sell yourself I think. Handsome is subjective.

TvandSportsGuy--Is this all your about is TV and Sports? Personally, I may skip over that if this were the name, as I don't usually date guys really into sports.

I personally like one-liners from movies for my own names, and I'm female! I've used small things from Monty Python and Mel Brooks movies and have gotten results either way. Of course you can always use a variation of your initials. Like if your initials are TD, you can make it TeeDee123 or whatever. I've done that too.

Stop focusing so much on your picture, outfit, and outward appearance with this online dating thing. It's much mroe about your profile. The guy I'm dating I met on Okcupid, and I almost didn't go out with him b/c of his pictures--he's super skinny and I like guys with a little fluff. But he had a good profile, so when he wrote me, I wrote him back. Not all girls are about appearance.

You've been growing some, CD. Seeming a little less anxious and all of that. Keep it up...you'll find your girl.

Hmmm. I know you didn't ask for my advice, but I do feel like, from a man's perspective, these are kind of pedestrian. Why not be a little more unique and make someone think or smile?

How about something like:

IKillMyDinnerWithKarate

FearItself

Liar!It'sNotYogurt.

StickingThePinkieOutWhenDowningaSchlitz

Yeah that's why I started this thread, I'm about to go on a new date site and I wanted to make sure I choose the right screen name which is showing GROWTH like you said.

WOW! That is a total unorthodox CD statement. Kudos to you!

I like what Jett said...I love funny nicknames. I dated a guy for a while whose name was something about Goonies, and I thought it was funny (not that that's the only reason I dated him!). Think of your favorite funny movie and pick a one liner from it. To reveal too much about myself, I love the scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail when the guy is asking them 3 questions to cross the bridge. My screenname forever has been the "what is your quest" question...for some reason I love it, and you'd be surprised how many people woudl write me with "To find the holy grail!" based on my name. Think of your name as a "conversation piece" so to speak. It's going to be your first "in"

Personally, yes, I will admit that I shy away from screen names like that... and maybe that is shallow of me.... but I'm admitting it since you asked.

I guess the reason is that names like that seem more like an advert rather than an actual name or even telling anything personal about you. They are just an appearance.

Sure, I may want to meet someone tall, or someone sexy... but you can meet someone in person, or even see stats and a picture and find that out in a second. Give them something that makes them ask "what is that screen name about?" and you have a conversation.

The TV and sports thing is a little closer to the mark, though a bit generic... similar to shy or classy... as those don't leave much to guess about.

I hate to think it is all about the picture, because I like to think it is about substance too ...but truthfully it can be about both. Screenname still can be an attention grabber though.

I think the names that include something about your appearance: the ones with sexy, classy, cute, handsome etc ... are tacky. I guess it would ring a little "sleazy" bell in my head to the guy calling himself sexy, or classy (a word which I just HATE).

Having said that, I'm not sure it really matters. What's in your profile matters a lot more.

I think the names that include something about your appearance: the ones with sexy, classy, cute, handsome etc ... are tacky. I guess it would ring a little "sleazy" bell in my head to the guy calling himself sexy, or classy (a word which I just HATE).

Having said that, I'm not sure it really matters. What's in your profile matters a lot more.

Tacky is a good way to describe those words. Most of them are subjective, and what's classy and cute to some may be ugly and trashy to others. They are a little generic but I'd take generic over something subjective any day.

And on that note, if you're going to talk about your appearance then, once again, have a sense of humor about it.

-SuperHotHunkOfBurningManlyLove

-DressedToTheNinesAtHalfPastEight

-T.A.DoubleHockeySticks

-PutingThe"Ass"BackInClassy

And on that note, if you're going to talk about your appearance then, once again, have a sense of humor about it.

-SuperHotHunkOfBurningManlyLove

-DressedToTheNinesAtHalfPastEight

-T.A.DoubleHockeySticks

-PutingThe"Ass"BackInClassy

I'm starting to see what you mean, you have me laughing at my desk right now

Just wondering if my past screenames have been to BORING and played a role in me not getting a reply from the woman I WANT. My past screenames are below

bigtallandsexy

tallfriendlyguy

cuteandclassyguy

tallandclassy

ShyHandsomeGuy

TvandSportsGuy

I'm about to join a new dating site and would appreciate if any woman on here can tell me if any of the names above was kind of DULL. I really thought it was all about your PICTURE not your screename

I know you are probably trying to attract girls by using those sn's but they are seriously so cheesy. I don't think I would even click on the profile if I see them, sounds overly cocky too me.

so how would i start off a profile from that screenname?

Well, we'd likely have different styles, and I can't write it for you of course. ;-)

The only thing of which I'm confident is that my profile wouldn't be like any other bloke's profile. And it would probably be very "un-profile like". If you give a person what they'd expect you to give then you may never disappoint, but you will always fail to surprise. Mystery and intrigue are your friend.

The ones jetts posted are great, some will be too long depending on the site. Also avoid any anatomy double entendres funny though they are. Might get you banned. The ones you posted in the OP aren't so good for the reasons ladies have posted here. I find that the tagline is much more important than the handle when going for humor appeal, and used to change mine every day or two. Some sites don't have taglines though. The danger with humor in the profile is that it will attract women who are looking for witty repartee, if you can provide that great, if you are more straightforward and less fast on your feet, choose a personalized more direct handle with less zany factor.

No offense, but all of them seem kind of cheesy to me except for the last one (which makes you just seem to be boring).

Cheesy because, well . . . do you think that you're enticing women when you claim that you're classy? Or tall? Or sexy? They all sound like bad marketing ploys. And if it were up to me, I'd think twice about a man who created such corny screen names, and I'd also think to myself, "who does he think he is?"

Just offering my honest opinion. You asked.

girls definitely like funny...

clever screenname

catchy intro

both score BIG points for me. If it has the number 69 in it, 99% chance I'll ignore the message.

KingGutBuster? weak. you can do better

I want to try and create a SN that is a intro to me being a funny guy. I guess I need more work-lol But atleast I have the right idea

Archived