Ladies who are on dating sites, is a guy screenname really that important??

ConfusedDater

Let's not be hypocrits here. A good picture DOES make a difference.

All dating sites claim that with a picture you get 20X more answers as without one.

Of course that's providing you look good enough I assume.

That being said a profile's content and subject line may be next and then only a good nickname, as long as you don't have an offensive one or one that makes you look desperate, whining etc... (such as DatingISSoHard LOL)

I want to try and create a SN that is a intro to me being a funny guy. I guess I need more work-lol But atleast I have the right idea

Make sure if you pick a funny name (like one Jett suggested) that you live up to the name's standards. Not saying you have to be the king of gut busters, but I mean make sure your sense of humour is along the same lines. If you go in there with a name like Jett suggested but aren't all that funny, well then maybe she'll know you got the name from someone else.

I want to try and create a SN that is a intro to me being a funny guy. I guess I need more work-lol But atleast I have the right idea

It's great to want to introduce yourself as funny... but how about instead of saying "hey I am funny" why not just BE funny? Subtle, but important difference. One tickles your funny bone, the other hits you over the head with a frying pan.

What funny things are you interested in?

Start from there maybe and look for clever puns/plays on words?

Let's not be hypocrits here. A good picture DOES make a difference.

All dating sites claim that with a picture you get 20X more answers as without one.

Of course that's providing you look good enough I assume.

That being said a profile's content and subject line may be next and then only a good nickname, as long as you don't have an offensive one or one that makes you look desperate, whining etc... (such as DatingISSoHard LOL)

I agree. People might be kidding themselves a bit to say the pic doesn't matter as much as the profile. When i used online dating the only thing in the profile that really mattered to any great degree were the things like whether or not he smoked, how much he drank, did he have small kids (that was a negative for me since mine are grown and I dont have a lot of patience for little ones), etc. Of course the picture was important. If he looked bad i wasn't interested. Now my standards for appearance are not mainstream, i am not into classically handsome but they had to have the type of look i liked.

And men do it too. Of course a lady who is pleasing to the eye is going to get more hits and that is not shallow. We can't control what our mindseye finds attractive and appealing.

A profile that was humorous definitely stood out to me but I can't say that the profile itself was a deal maker or breaker - only the stuff they checked off such as didn't want a smoker, didn't want a drinker other than socially, age was a factor, and whether they had and wanted kids. The profile is just a nice touch above the hard core make or break points and their appearance.

CD- just make sure to never use your ENA name on a dating site. LOL ConfusedDater won't go over so well.

Archived