• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Dragongirl. If somebody loved you enough they would OVERCOME whatever outside reason there is for the break up. If they can't overcome it, then really, they didn't care enough.

There is some small tricks you CAN do to maximise your chances. No contact and getting your life together are things which make you are more attractive person. Especially when they are done by a codependent or the more needy partner from the relationship.

But there is no guarantee they will work. You can try them for a while then give up.

After all there IS a life outside your ex. There are more people in the world. Why hang around waiting for somebody to come back who dumped you. They obviously didn't appreciate you so find someone who does.

Oh my gosh I wrote this so long ago and it seems so harsh now!!! I can't take my own advice!

I think I give sensible advice though and I should listen to and follow my own advice. I'm a shell of a person now and I was probably alot wiser and less emotional then.

Fellow members:

Kate111:

Oh my gosh I wrote this so long ago and it seems so harsh now!!! I can't take my own advice!

I think I give sensible advice though and I should listen to and follow my own advice. I'm a shell of a person now and I was probably alot wiser and less emotional then.

Advice is always harder to apply to yourself, even when it comes from yourself. You are a very caring, giving person and you thrive to help others-AND I KNOW PERSONALLY YOU HAVE! We sometimes lose connection to our own advice because life's challenges are never an easy thing when you're the one left to deal with them. We're faced with constant ups & downs and we need reassurance and sometimes that means an outsider giving their advice and point of views. Im guilty of it too. We all are. When we are not directly faced with the issue or have already overcome it we tend to forget the level severity of it. But yeah, sometimes it is a rude awakening when you read your own awesome advice and say..'what the h****..????' IVE BEEN THROUGH THIS ALREADY, why is it so hard NOW?? Or "I was smarter then" etc...its not that youre any less intelligent, it's simply a fact that when emotions are involved it could take the most common every day issue and transform it into a HUGE dilemma. But use your own advice as reassurance and get back in touch with that person who knew you so well before.

Secretdarkness, viper, ocrob: Thank you so much for the great feedback! Secretdarkness, sometimes a sugar coated candy answer just doesn't seem to cut it. lol Glad this can be of some assistance to you, if not now, maybe next time.

I'm sure even though I created the post topic I may very likely need to one day revisit it to just embed it back into my own brain again. lol Annnnnnd that brings us back to Kate's reply...

Be well, and keep posting!!

-DG724

It is SO much easier to give advice when you are objective about a situation and not emotionally involved. Unfortunately I am only too aware of that now that I AM back where I was before. BUT this time I am doing it differently. I am going to try to do some deep soul searching so that I can prevent a pattern forming.

Yes Dragongirl you may be back one day!!!