It's been 3 plus months post breakup. 4 year relationship living together two plus years. He has moved on

has someone new and is posting profile pics of,the two of the, after only three weeks of dating. I have been a mess of a person for three plus montHas and even worse as of a couple days ago when I saw those pictures. My summer so far has been spent in a deep depression. I cry on a whim... Walking down the street, at work, while I'm in the shower etc.... I have spent three months analyzing and obsessing over his every word, move, action, picture, etc..... I am sooo effing sick of feeling like this... I am so tired of being sad and depressed... I want it to go away ..... I want it to stop.... I am tired of thinking of him..,, I am tired of Facebook stalking him and his new person.... I am tired of over analyzing everything he does and hanging on to hope that it's about me.... I am so tired of hoping and waiting for him to come back..... I am sick of all of this !!!!!!! I am so done!!!!!! I have made my decision and I am moving on... I will do whatever it takes to make this unbearable pain disappear... No more Facebook, no more thinking about him or what he is doing! I don't care anymore!!!! I just want to feel normal again and live my life like I used too without him!!!! I am capable and I will get back to the person I used to be without him, heck I'll even be better! I am tired of being a shell of the person I once was!!! I have reached my breaking point..... I am done with him... He is not worth any more of my energy sadness or time.. He chose to leave, his loss... I am now choosing to move on too. ... I will redirect my thoughts and redirect my actions... I am done.

I just wanted to post how I feel..... I think I am really done and I will stop at nothing to put this in the past

Oh I hope you are indeed done! Good for you to have reached this point! Stick to your guns and think about yourself, dont think about him. Unfriend him everywhere you can, delete him from your phone etc. Think positive that you have learned from this and accept that some people are just jerks! You can do this!

Excellent. You have reached that, "Okay, why exactly is this person taking up my valuable time and energy" stage of a breakup. Girl, if I were there with you I'd say grab the wine glasses and let's do a toast. Look at this post you've made whenever you start to slide back and if he contacts you look at it and then block him. Keep moving forward. Remember, you had a life before him and you have one now even if he's not in it. Take back your life, yes. You can and will do that and it will be okay.

And deactivate Facebook. That thing is the devil when it comes to getting over someone.

thank you both for the encouragement! I know I am on the right track. The last couple months have been bad. Throughout the last couple months I bought a book on how to get your ex back and I was frequently reading articles about the signs of when and if an ex can or will ever return...I have completely changed my focus. I just bought a book on how to heal and get past a painful breakup and now I am reading articles on how to achieve a positive outcome.... I have consciously made my decision to be done with this relationship and feeling sad. I have never gone through something like this before. But based of my experience thus far I think there comes a point where you just have had enough of the pain and despair and you consciously make that decision to let it go and move past it..... I have hit my point. I am glad he changed his profile pic to his new girlfriend... It gave me the push of sadness I needed to finally be done with it. I hope I stick to it,

I am at exactly the same point as you.

Nearly three months down the line I realise two things.

First the sadness and pain won't go away but I can perhaps learn to handle it.

Second there are some things I can do now that I could not do while in the relationship - for example come and go as I like wear what I like visit foreign countries and travel. I am answerable to no one but God

Thirdly I realise that in my case the ex is not really having the good time he pretends to - karma is and will catch up with him.I am not the only one suffering.

Fourth I have a clear conscience about the relationship

Good you are angry! Just remember to be done with that anger some day. Perhaps, find a way to forgive him for his actions inside of you.

Just remember it all comes in trends, you will probably be missing him in a week (the him of the past) Stay strong, treat yourself with kindness and do what you want to do each day. Not what you should do because you are done with him.

Archived