14 years together the ex marries after 6 months

So me and my boyfriend where together for 14 years. I fell in love and he informed me he never wanted to marry and never wanted kids.I was gutted at first...more so about the marriage thing than the kids but by this time I was in love and we just stayed together. maybe I should have walked away then.

We lived together for 13 years..bought our own place and lived in that till we split in January after he became violent and I couldn't take anymore. I moved back home to mum he kept the house (another story)

Apart from odd phone call re the house and me having to lend him £2000 of the pay off I got for the house for him to be Abe to continue the mortgage on his own..we didn't speak.

I lived in the house till April.moved home and met a lovely lad in July and we are in a happy relationship.

Found out tonight that the ex got married 6 months after we split and to add insult to injury on our anniversary.I also have a feeling he used the £2000 I paid him for the house on the wedding.

To say I am gutted is an understatement... don't know why though... he was an idiot..I wouldn't want to marry him now in a million years but to go all that time and never be asked is so hurtful...

I've never been asked and I think that is what is grating me the most...hence I'm on here when I should be asleep...

Only consolation is he rang the other day about post of mine at the house.we arranged I would collect it then he rang to say he would have to forward it instead as it was causing grief between him and her...honeymoon might be over already !

How do I shift this hurt feeling that has come back..I was gutted when we split and now is eels so raw all over again

He married the rebound girl. $10 say the marriage lasts less than the time they've known each other.

Move on with your life, you got better things to do than to mourn over this idiot. Plus you're in a happy relationship yourself, dont let his marriage (which is completely not your business) interrupt with your own relationship.

Let it pass and realize it's probably more wounded pride than anything else. It sounds like he's sort of frantic or maybe he was with her before or who knows. The bottom line is he isn't your problem any more, he's hers. And it sounds like she is in for a bumpy ride.

Focus on creating a great life for yourself and realize you deserve far better than this guy could ever give you. The feeling will pass soon if you don't dwell on it and instead turn your mind to fun with the holidays.

Thanks for the replies..

Your right hes not my problem..im glad to be shot of him it was just a shock and has made my head spin

Emmaanemme

He always had a temper but the last year he was vile to the point of flipping out n threatening to smash my face in.he was clever he always threw things rather than actually touching me till one night when he grabbed a glass out of my hand threw the drink over me and I though I WS gonna get glassed in the face..he then hit me round the head with a plant.time to split after that.I have a feeling he was seeing her before we split. I was working fulltime he was unemployed for two years so he had time to.

I've never really missed him but this knocked me side wards...the bit I'm struggling with is never getting married..I'm 35 never been asked..no kids and this was all through him his choice not to.

I wish the wife luck...boy is she gonna need it x

George Clooney said he'd never marry again. Well, I guess what he meant was "I haven't met anybody with whom I'd again want to marry" and didn't expect to ever meet someone who'd make him change his mind. I guess your ex and George have that in common. It doesn't mean he didn't love you or love you enough. It simply means he met someone who changed his mind about marriage. Thank God he was against marriage when you were together - it wouldn't be as simple to get out of the relationship.

So, now you can go out and meet someone worthy of marrying. Did you know that people who wait to get married have a lower divorce rate that those who marry in their 20s? Chances are, when you meet your future husband, you're going to be happier in your marriage. Lucky you.

Autumn born you speak a lot of sense...I have met a lovely fella already, I feel loved and although its early days we click, he's a gent makes me laugh and loves my cooking

I said when me and the idiot split that I was grateful there was no divorce or kids involved..I still stand by that now, phew lucky escape x

Archived