Some advice please, I am scared

Symba13

Okay so me and my ex are talking again(it's an on again, off again sort of thing). We've broken up and gotten back together a few times yadda yadda. Now I've made mistakes in the past that have hurt the both of us and has caused her to really think about if she wants to be with me or not.

Lately, we have spent ton of time together, going on dates, the good stuff. We would hold hands, kiss, say that we love eachother because we still do. Doing it was a way of rekindling what we had and to make up for what I had done. Anyways just recently I noticed she hasn't really been saying it as much back and has been talking to me less. I knew that something was up but she just didn't say anything. But she ensured everything was okay.

This morning I saw that someone on FB was flirting with her and it made me mad/upset so I messaged the guy and told him I wasn't okay with that. The guy tells her and she yells at me saying how she doesn't want to date me and the same thing is just going to happen again once I leave for school(2 hours away).

At the time it devastated me to hear this because I have been trying so hard this whole summer to prove to her that this time is different and that I will not under any circumstances leave her. We have fought and argued in the past which is why we broke up in the past along with me not talking as much. But recently I have opened up more to her and the fighting is non-existant it seems.

Like I had this dumb idea to get a cake that said "will you be my girlfriend" and give it to her

I don't know if she really means it or if she was just saying it because she was mad.

I don't know what to do, she means the absolute world to me and I don't want to lose her again. I don't know what to say or do to prove to her or at least assure her that nothing is going to go wrong. I need help, some advice, and that's why I came here. Please just anything would help me. I truly feel she is the one for me and I love her with everything I have.

Please.

You had no right to contact the guy...bad misstep on your part.

And relationships that are on again/off again are so because of incompatible issues.

And should remain off.

The cake isn't a good idea...it will look like what it is...a desperate attempt to apologize yet again.

You showed insecurity and jealousy, that my friend is NOT good when you're trying to rekindle a relationship, you clearly showed her that you haven't changed. And to be honest this whole "flirting" thing might have been all in your head.

You take things slow when you're rekindling things with an ex partner, you can't expect everything to be back to the way you guys were before the break up.

Symba, my advice is for you is to send her a message very simply and sincerely apologizing for your stupid behavior. Tell her you understand her not wanting to see you anymore and then leave her alone for a bit. Act as if you accept it. Then read these things carefully:

link removed

link removed

link removed

Symba, my advice is for you is to send her a message very simply and sincerely apologizing for your stupid behavior. Tell her you understand her not wanting to see you anymore and then leave her alone for a bit. Act as if you accept it. Then read these things carefully:

link removed

link removed

link removed

Act as if you accept it? I think OP should just accept it. OP is blaming himself for screwing up but I'm sure his g/f is not perfect otherwise she would be open and honest with what is going on. If the OP wants to go NC he has to actually believe it, accept it, and move on. There's a chance if he does this she will realize what she missed and come back, but there's a chance that she won't too. The point of NC is not to 'act' and play hard to get but to heal wounds and move on.

You showed chivalry in an age of debauchery my friend. What you did would have been cool ( 50 years ago). The way to handle these slime balls hitting on your woman is to tell her that you trust her. That way she has your respect, knows your respect her enough not to think she would cheat and he looks like a douchebag for attempting to break what she holds sacred. She would diss him in a second and she will be fighting for your attention.

For damage control right now, admit that you were acting in haste. That you over reacted when you should have laughed at it. Look at the funny side of it with her, make her laugh about it too and say sorry at the end. Then have hot passionate whatever you guys do and drive her crazy!!

Archived