I Finally Got an answer. (virgins)

Shakeybones

I found out that, women do not like the fact that a man is a virgin, this is after ive talked to multiple girls and stuff.. granted i still am a virgin, but i for one will never tell a girl that.. They frown on it and it lowers your chances from what they told me...so beat around the bush and act like you've had it before and you will be way more sucessful. its working out for me right now.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, no. If my guy did that to me, pretended he wasn't, I'd be upset. That's just lying because he wouldn't be that secure enough to face it up to me and share the truth with me. Besides, there is no difference with virgins besides the obvious (the experience). It'd be endearing it my guy was a virgin and he shared that with me, kind of special. All the others who declined you for being a virgin probably was either a.) didn't care about you enough, wanted the experienced sex more. or b.) didn't feel like they should be the receiver of your virginity.

Screw that. I am a virgin and I am the ******* man. If they don't like it, it's their loss. I would NEVER try to be someone I'm not just to try and please someone else.

i completely feel you dude...but im kinda looking at it as just a unnecessary tag, that doesn't need to be thrown out there everytime i meet a new girl you know.

The only reason I would see this as an "issue" for females is that most women like aggression. Being a virgin is seen as a flaw of sorts seeing it as a weakness and not knowing how to approach women. Many people don't think of those choosing to be a virgin as a personal choice for moral reasons and whatnot, but as if something is "wrong" with them (too shy, physically unappealing, awkward, etc). That in itself is immature and it's not worth your time being around those who think that way. Don't portray to be something you're not. Not only are you lying to yourself, but when it is found out you lied it will be more of a blow to you and will only justify their reasoning for thinking such things. They will see it since you lied about it, then you must be ashamed of it.

That will only turn them off more. Just be confident in yourself and if someone asks just say, "Yes, I am a virgin and it's a personal choice." Be confident about it and that will get them thinkiing twice.

Until we meet again...

Ive done this nurmerous times.... "Yes, I am a virgin and it's a personal choice." really bold like too.....only for it to burn all bridges, and this is with multiple women..so that's why i said what i said.

I mean i think it would be awesome for a women to see past that, but in my 20s so far (im only 22) ive learned its a no no, and its not necessary to tell them something that i particularly don't feel is as much of a big deal as they make it... and i don't feel like im lying to myself because i know that im a virgin and that's all that matters.

Ive done this nurmerous times.... "Yes, I am a virgin and it's a personal choice." really bold like too.....only for it to burn all bridges, and this is with multiple women..so that's why i said what i said.

I mean i think it would be awesome for a women to see past that, but in my 20s so far (im only 22) ive learned its a no no, and its not necessary to tell them something that i particularly don't feel is as much of a big deal as they make it... and i don't feel like im lying to myself because i know that im a virgin and that's all that matters.

That's sort of a not very confidant thing to say "I AM THAT WAY BY PERSONAL CHOICE". A girl doesn't need to know you are a virgin or not until you guys get to the point of talking about sex. Then you start to talk about your values and if you believe in jumping in the sack or waiting, etc. Some people are not virgins because they 'couldn't get any" but because they are waiting for faith reasons, waiting until they felt mature enough or are waiting for the right person. If a guy were to come up to me on the first date and tell me he was a virgin, I would think that was too much information because we didn't even get to know each other yet. I would feel that if he told me so soon, he must share other intimate details with the rest of the world, too.

Did you walk around polling girls? If these girls are not ones you would date or would date you, why would you take their opinion as truth? A lot of women would definitely not mind if a guy was a virgin. 22 is hardly an "old age" to be a virgin.

To me, I would have no trouble, if I were on the market, to date a man who was a virgin if it was because he was waiting for the right one or because of faith convictions. I would prefer if he had SOME experience as far as kissing,, but if he is emotionally secure, etc., it is no big deal if he hadn't gone all the way. It is only a problem if the guy is upset or anxious about it.

I think you will find as you get older there will be more women who will be appreciative of this, or really, you just need to look for girls in different circles. If you are looking at girls at bars and clubs, it may be a turnoff, but if you meet them through other avenues it may very well not. You want to meet someone who loves you and is not looking for a sex status.

Nope not polling girls, this is mainly from girls that i have messed with and i didn't get farther than alot of french kissing etc... i would never talk to a girl for like 10 mins and say im a virgin, no damn way does she need that info Lol.. the only time ive revealed this information is after really really intense make-out sessions where its getting hot n heavy and the girl will end up asking something random, that requires an answer about previous sex history etc.. then i would mention that im a virgin and bam, im not getting any further, because she wants to talk about it.

Just a tip - talking about sex should be done in a sober, rational matter and not in the heat of the moment. You were not "rejected", but you both approached a topic that required conversation so of course kissing was stopped in order to continue the convo. Of course, you might not get farther AT THAT moment. If you talk about that to a girl, hopefully you have been with her a few months already.

I disagree that all women want aggression, btw.

It wouldn't bother me at all, but I am also a virgin. I wouldn't be embarrassed to admit to another virgin that I am a virgin as well. However, I am always worried when I get a relationship and that conversation comes up, the guy will be bothered by it. I've also polled people, and gone on forums where a lot of guys say "No one wants a virgin" kind of answer. I've read up on this topic a lot, because I am insecure about it. The answers I've read were that men would be wondering why a girl is in her twenties and still a virgin, or they would be worried that she would be clingy or something. Another guy said he wouldn't want to teach someone. So I always get scared when the topic about virginity comes up. Most people think, because of my personality that I would be freaky in bed. (It's something my guy friends who don't know joke around about. They always say they wonder what goes on with me behing closed doors) And I let them believe that, because it's not like they will ever find out the truth... not unless they set me up with someone who might talk about it.

My conclusion is most people (not all, there are the rare exceptions) do care unless they are inexperienced. That's both men and women.

My question is what kind of girls are you talking to that you only get the same opinion out of them all.

Im a girl and a virgin, and it would be awesome if I met a guy who was a virgin in my age range.

I wouldnt lie about it to a potential partner if I were you. Starting a relationship on the base of a lie will just cause problems in the future. If you meet a girl and she doesnt like the fact that youre a virgin, screw her, shes probably a * * * * anyway.

I have to admit. I would want a guy who has had at least ALITTLE BIT of experience (ie with one girl)

It's just a whole comfort thing. If they have no experience they're going to be self conscious.

i might be nervous, but i doubt i will be self conscious when it goes down...seriously lol

The only time you should tell them your a virgin is right before sex.

You should already be naked by that point, since that would lesson the chances of them saying no.

And it probably also depends on why your one. If your one because your waiting, some of them will think it's cute. But if it's simply because it hasn't happened, they probably aren't gonna like that.

And it probably also depends on why your one. If your one because your waiting, some of them will think it's cute. But if it's simply because it hasn't happened, they probably aren't gonna like that.

I see a lot of comments like the bolded part when I read threads about "older" virgins, and I've been wondering why the fact that it just never happened for some people would be viewed negatively.

I see a lot of comments like the bolded part when I read threads about "older" virgins, and I've been wondering why the fact that it just never happened for some people would be viewed negatively.

I agree. Why is virginity considered a bad thing? I mean, I suppose if you are looking for a low to no commitment fling, then you would want a guy/girl with experience. However, if you are having sex within the confines of a more stable and caring relationship, then having had sex or not should be no big deal. For me it would be pretty special to be the person someone chose to lose it with. Then again, it almost sounds like the OP is willing to give it to whomever will take it. If so, that's fine too. Generally in my experience though, most people who will sleep with someone on a whim aren't really interested in anyone but themselves.

Because men are expect to be Don Juans that can get girls in bed anytime they want, but at the same time has to have the control not to do it all the time.

If the guy hasn't been able to get it to happnen, then he isn't that guy, and isn't viewed as being as much of a man.

It's admirable and great if a guy is one due to beliefs, ie somebody that HAD the opportunity but decided to remain strong and keep his virginity.

If it's cos nobody wants him and he never got close to having that opportunity cos you know... nobody ever wanted him most girls would be turned off lol.

If it's cos nobody wants him and he never got close to having that opportunity cos you know... nobody ever wanted him most girls would be turned off lol.

And it seems that is the truth.

Saving yourself is one thing, but not being able to get it is another.

Because men are expect to be Don Juans that can get girls in bed anytime they want, but at the same time has to have the control not to do it all the time.

If the guy hasn't been able to get it to happnen, then he isn't that guy, and isn't viewed as being as much of a man.

This.

How encouraging...

Speaking from a male perspective, I can't stand the stereotypes and generalizations associated with virginity.

It seems that if you're a virgin, you're either regarded as some upstanding, pure man with strong, moral convictions, or alternatively, just an undesirable loser.

While some people are more mature about it, I'd agree that it's best to avoid the topic around others.

You spoke to the wrong women. The right woman will value you for saving your body. Not demean you. I aspired to be a virgin but was molested at young age so that was something that was never going to happen for me. Anyway my 2nd husband was a virgin when we met and I was happy to have met a man who wasn't out there exposing himself to only God knows what. My 1st husband was a player who played me for a fool really and I was one at 19/20. Needless to say you haven't met women with any morals or they would be proud to say the least of your accomplishment. It's nothing to have sex it's something to protect and save your body for the right person.

Archived