Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stubbed my toe like 5 months ago...

So I stubbed my toe like 4-5 months ago. As expected the toe nail turned a dark purple. What's weird is, it's still a purple/red colour. You would think that after 4-5 months the toe nail would at least have partially cleared up.

It doesn't hurt or anything, but it just doesn't seem right for it to stay discoloured for this length of time.

*I can't recall if I've cut it since I've stubbed my toe.
    "Don't follow your dreams; chase them"

Ahh, I did something similar about 6 weeks ago. I dropped my laptop on my big toe, right on the root where the nail grows. About 1/3 of my toenail is black now & it's still growing out black.

How does yours look at the root? I've been told that the good nail is probably growing underneath & will eventually push the bad one off. But that was my bf, not a Dr. I think it just takes a long time for the damaged part to grow out. It wouldn't hurt to see a Dr, especially since its been so long.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    It takes time for the nail to grow up. I hope it gets better soon.
    ADHD= Attention Dialed into a Higher Dimension. For my son .

If you judge people you have no time to love them. Mother Teresa

Be not afraid. I go before you always. Come follow me and I will give you rest

As for Me and My House We Will Serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Life only goes around once but never again~~Fred Stobaugh

Yeh that happened to me too, i once stubbed my little toe and it was black for months, eventually i had a good look a it one day and a new one was growing underneath, it pushed the other one off in the end, well, with a little help from me anyways.
    "insecurity breeds insecurity" - Starlight40

"if couples in relationships never argue then someone is being walked over"- my mother, lol!

A couple on tv that had been together for 50 years, they were asked "whats your secret to a lasting relationship?" their reply was "neither of us ever fell out of love at the same time..."

Expectation is the route to all sadness

I bumped my toe when running (speed will add some extra force to the bump, really nice, lol). First the whole toe became twice its size. Then it shrunk back and became really dark... purplish to black. It is now more than 3 months ago and it's still purple. It also sometimes bleeds during running, but it never hurt. I guess pain would indicate a real problem, but I am scared my nail will just fall off at some point.

I think there is nothing to worry about our poor toes. Just take care that you keep it clean to prevent infection.
    To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
    ~~Bertrand Russell~~

Our little girl will become a big sister in June '12!

I had this happen to me two years ago and i still have it. You need to go to a doctor so they can see if there is a fungal infection because they can treat that. With me they said there was an infection and i was given some liquid stuff but it didnt work so i am left with a discoloured toenail. Dont leave it because it could be getting worse like mine did. Its going to stay or go, unluckily for me mine stayed i cant get rid of it, no more open shoes for me.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if you are told you are silly or stupid for it then ignore them, they are the stupid ones for not accepting that someone has a different view to them <3

I was running up the stairs one day and stepped...yeah i said stepped. on my second toe in...it was black and blue under the toenail for a month until the toenail fell off.

Stubbing your toe is like one the most annoying things ever! It hurts and you feel so silly jumping around the place! Argh! haha
    "insecurity breeds insecurity" - Starlight40

"if couples in relationships never argue then someone is being walked over"- my mother, lol!

A couple on tv that had been together for 50 years, they were asked "whats your secret to a lasting relationship?" their reply was "neither of us ever fell out of love at the same time..."

Expectation is the route to all sadness

once you damage a piece of a nail in any area where it separates from the flesh, it dies and must grow out. it doesn't reattach itself and go back to pink/normal again. the nail is 'dead'. i know it was never living, but it cannot reattach.
    Not only am I friendly, but I'm invisible too.
    Too perfect of a relationship is too weird-g69
    If you say you are normal, I'd think you are weird-g69
    The world can only get better, it depends on how you look at it-g69
    'As wicked as you are, you're beautiful to me'-5fingerdeathpunch
    you cannot control the world, you can only live in it the best you can for you-g69

NooOoOoooOOoOoOoooooo

Quote Originally Posted by starlight40 View Post
    Stubbing your toe is like one the most annoying things ever! It hurts and you feel so silly jumping around the place! Argh! haha
    I stub a toe at least once a day. I've broken the same one about 3 times.

As expected the toe nail turned a dark purple. What's weird is, it's still a purple/red colour. You would think that after 4-5 months the toe nail would at least have partially cleared up.
    It will have to grow ouw completely to get rid of the purple mark.

Carly, don't be sad
    Life is crazy, life is mad
    Don't be afraid
    Carly, don't be sad
    That's your destiny, the only chance
    Take it, take it in your hands

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Please see the forum rules for posting on enotalone:http://www.enotalone.com/forum/forum-rules.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...