When your ex is really angry - does it mean they still care?

Mine is sooooo angry and cold now, we havent spoken for weeks and I am seeing someone else and are quite happy (we broke up over 3 months ago) and we also wprk together! Not sure what I have done but someone once told me when someone is really angry and bitter toward you it's because they are hurting and really care still? I tried to make a casual conversation and it was like hitting a brick wall!!! I know she hates driving past my place and seeing my new GFs car there, she is sort of back with her ex of 4 years so I don't know what her problem is.... afterall she ended it with me! Although we did keep getting back together a lot afterwards. any insight???

Platinum Member
    Yeah I think it definately means there are residual feelings there. Anger is a way of coping.

It's rare that we break up, and aren't hurt/jealous/angry when our ex's get with someone else.. even if we've already got someone else to move on to.
    All the world has closed her eyes
    Tried faith all worn and thin
    For all we could have done
    And all that could have been
    ~ Nine inch nails -- The great below

I've read somewhere that it s a sign that their are emotions still lingering. Probably the same as arguing, if two people are arguing, discussing whatever you want to call it, it means it is important to them, when they walk away and never breathe another word, then that person had enough.
    Forgive us our tresspasses, as we forgive those who tresspass against us. - The Lord's Prayer

Bronze Member
    Probably still angry. It's an ego thing, she may not want to be with you but she doesn't want you to be with anybody else either. Depends on what happened in the breakup for her to be so angry towards you. When I have been angry it's because my ego is hurt or that person has hurt me very deeply and I can't seem to get past the hurt and anger. So it depends, should she be angry at you? Do you want to get back with her or are you content in your new relationship?

7. 06-02-2005, 02:31 AM

I actually sent her an email this afternoon, just saying "Jeez, I'll buy the knife if you like!" She replied back a bit later saying simply

"sorry - it's just really hard for me - sorry"

Beats me - she left ME, I have every right to be happy, she looks a bit down of late and I hope it's getting to her, yes I would love to be with her again - the sex was fantastic but is she the right person for me?.... definatley not, I was soooo shallow as she is beautiful, it annoys me shes acting like this though - I feel like telling her to just get over it, afterall she didn't want to be with me but doesn't want me to be with anyone else.... what did she expect? I hope she is hurting as mean as it sounds.

Well after three weeks of NC with my ex I sent her a letter. Two days later she sent me a love song to my voice mail at 4AM. I gatehred she was drunk so left it a day or two. Then thought I would act on it. When I did, she was so hostile and abusive it was untrue. I took this as a sign of her having feelings for me that she is trying to deny. I could be wrong and I dont deserve her abuse, but , I gave it a go and she slammed me for it. But yes, I think thats what it means.

I am extremely angry with my ex-boyfriend right now and part of me still loves him a lot, but sometimes anger is an easier emotion to deal with than sadness. It is my way of coping. It may not be the best way but it gets me through the day for now.

•  

• Related Articles & Books
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Checking and following the activities of an ex partner through social networking site Facebook can seriously interfere with a person's ability to ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Most people get divorced hoping to have a better life and find more happiness than they had in their marriage. However, a new national study by Iowa ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Brides who hesitate about getting married might want to consider having second thoughts before starting a life-long commitment, suggest psychologists ...