MySpace... What's the Main Purpose?

Hope75

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, oh how exciting the "morning after" is -- discovering what ridiculous things I got up to last night! Hmmm, well I don't really regret it that much to be honest. I mean sure, she'll now know that I still think about her a lot, but at least I took a few shots at her inflated ego. Meh.

Yeah the break up was 1-2 months ago, I don't know what counts really. She got her new boyfriend before telling me we were actually finished...

Side note: I said email last night, but it was a Myspace message! Ha, so I'm still keeping on topic!

I use myspace to keep in contact with people that I have known over the years. I have people on there that I went to high school with,i even have some neice and nephews and cousins on there, its amazing . I have never been contacted by pervs or anything like that. I also have witchy woman as my song so they are probably freaked out haha. I have never used it for dating and dont really know anyone that has. Craigslist, now thats a dating site if I ever saw one!

Oh...I feel good only if I get my revenge!

Yeah heh...well, I was hoping coming here to cry on a few sympathetic shoulders and get some of the supportive feedback would be a good substitute...I'm really grateful for your comments, davey, lots of posters I guess find my posts arduous and I DO still feel kind of alone, but am not a drinker, so I need options!!...writing is my one outlet...

Ha, oh how exciting the "morning after" is -- discovering what ridiculous things I got up to last night! Hmmm, well I don't really regret it that much to be honest. I mean sure, she'll now know that I still think about her a lot, but at least I took a few shots at her inflated ego. Meh.

Yeah the break up was 1-2 months ago, I don't know what counts really. She got her new boyfriend before telling me we were actually finished...

Hey, I don't know whether to say sorry or congratulations about your cathartic e-mail, then! The inflated ego bit is the hardest part...at least you would hope for some remorse and regret, if not sorrow. I'm sorry it ended for you like that, that sucks!! It sounds like you still visit her Myspace page though. And she has pics of her new beau? You're right, when I stop going it feels better for a few days, but sometimes I'm scared that until I find a new love, I'll be cursed with the hankering to return and try to look for signs of his new life with a woman, as he has no pics of any woman there, though his music and blogs at times seemed to allude to interests...I have a life, but this has been so depressing for me sometimes I can't bear it, for the reasons I described above (feeling he villified me and also how much he said he would never find another, living in a lifeless world without me and I feel lied-to). He never cheated on me so I feel for you, davey, but it feels like the depth of his feelings were a lie -- he did a remake of "You Light Up My Life" just for me once, because of its meaning for me, it was just between us 2, a special and intimate gift, and now it is up on myspace -- with the kiss and "I love you" recorded at the end of course clipped off. Now, my "gift" is just another showcase of his voice, and many have posted "wow!" comments about it, how amazing a singer he is...that stuff just kills me...all his pics in his slideshow are of him, him and more him, with various alluring expressions -- all pics he just took for me before we met and while together...

1-2 months "counts"...just hang in there!! Keep telling yourself she's not worth it. It's true.

I have never used it for dating and dont really know anyone that has.

Well, you can indicate you are there for dating or relationships...and since it is such a mixing place, as other posters have said, that means you have provocative hits all the time even just looking for friends or networking. I figure if you can strike up a love affair playing video games w/someone you never met, certainly you can on Myspace no matter why you originally signed up. Chemistry can happen anywhere if 2 ppl share things and want to take it further...

Its original purpose was a social networking site for friends, primarily those in the high school and college segments. But many people do use it to find potential suitors. Personally, myspace has had a very positive impact on my life, because my girlfriend of 2+ years and I regained contact through the website (we attended middle school and high school together as distant friends). If it wasn't for myspace, I probably would never have seen or spoken to her again.

So I had a friend over today who has a myspace account and she logged on and showed me. And there it says "Here For or something like that, and many profiles said 'dating'.

So it's definitely used for dating, whether or not that is it's main purpose or not.

The main purpose of myspace is to make money through advertising.

its also a really good way to promote stuff locally

like my friends music night, he can let everyone know in just a few bulletins and comments about it and stuff

or band/gig promoters locally can use it to let people know of gigs coming up

Its original purpose was a social networking site for friends, primarily those in the high school and college segments. But many people do use it to find potential suitors. Personally, myspace has had a very positive impact on my life, because my girlfriend of 2+ years and I regained contact through the website (we attended middle school and high school together as distant friends). If it wasn't for myspace, I probably would never have seen or spoken to her again.

it was originally made to be local to one university in america.

so people could make a profile and get to know other people in the uni.

then it was build up more to allow for more people from other unis to join.

and it just grew from there really.

tom is one rich guy now cos of it. hmm

I have a myspace and have never used it for dating.

I use it to contact some of my friends...post pictures, etc.

My friends and I also use it for marketing for events that we organize. In regards to that, it has been a great tool for us to have.

I think people use it for different purposes, so it's not really accurate to sum up the whole website and all it's users in one group.

I believe you can use it any way you would like. I use it to keep intouch with all my friends, My page it private and for me to add you to my friends list I have to know you. Or you can use it for dating, a lot of my friends to that. you set your page the way you want it.

Archived