Went on a date with my ex

It was sort of impromptu but it was a date just the same. We went to a bar to see a band. People felt bad for me because he wouldn't go dance. A lady came up to say how her husband has been with her for 30 years and they still dance together.

So as I was on this date with my ex husband I came to realize a few things, like I wish I would have dated him more and had less sex. Because obviously we aren't very compatible. Now that I've realized that, I have to go file those papers for regular visitation with my daughter. Soon I'll be seeing just her and not him and Lord knows I miss having a companion but it would be a mistake for us remarry.

Yep I think I'm really ready to move on, okay sort of ready to move on. But I'm getting much closer to realizing he isn't the right guy for me. Wonder if he's realizing the same.

wow - that was mean of her to walk up and say that to you. kind of rubbing it in your face! yeah, if you see that you two weren't compatible, then don't remarry him. Keep working on yourself and focusing on your daughter. Someone better for you will come along.

i go on periodic dates with a woman i have known for 18 years---we have a push/pull relationship. Their are days i just love her company and days i cant go away quick enough.

I feel kind of the same way about him. I recall in our more youthful days I used to dance with guys in front of him, which upset him but the fact is he never would dance with me. What did he expect from a woman who likes to dance?

That's probably one of the things I miss most about not being with my ex; that we dont dance together. In truth, she always wanted to dance with me, even in the house, with no music. Sometimes I would and sometimes I wouldnt. I remember our last dance vividly and fondly.

Never date someone who doesnt want to dance with you if you like to dance. Dancing is part of loving unconditionally...even if they dont want to do it, they will because it means so much to you.

Though, this is applicable to anything you hold worthwhile, sentimental, romantic and loving.

Orlander

Archived