After an argument my girlfriend ignored me for a week and a half. We bumped into each other on the street where she said she will speak to me in 2 weeks and that we need some space! That was 6 weeks ago and I find myself struggling to get over her. I realise that although her by herself I loved her enough to fight for us, the fact that she was heading home to work in her family business into a smaller town wasn't the right thing for me. Having said that at the time I felt that being with her was the most important thing and we will work through that, so as far as I was concerned I was happy to go with her, it is in retrospect a weight off my shoulders, as in getting my own job and making my own way also would have bben so hard and yet was so important to her. She had been putting this on me for a while.

We had just been on a great holiday with her and her family who always liked me and then this. What my question is is that this limbo after her saying 2 weeks seems to be stopping me to move on, there has been a NC for 6 weeks but I feel maybe a conversation where we discuss things might help. I never saw her ignoring me and thought we'd always at least stay in contact a little bit. She is going home, I, unless she changed her attitude, she always put her family way above me, am not, but would it be wise to have that conversation? Always regret not speaking to people you have loved, they are a part of your life. She is the second person ever I feel I have properly loved and want a bit of closure and also a basic dialogue at least as friends for the future. Thanks for reading.

Sorry to say that it seems to me that six weeks with no message from her really tells you all you need to know. I think you can safely assume that the relationship is over and move on as soon as you are ready.

Archived