I can't really believe that I'm writing about this on a public forum...but you guys have always helped me though my rough times...so here goes....

Well, I've been with a bf for a while, we're in our early 20s and in grad school right now and have never had sex due to religious reasons. We do, however, often play around withough any protection when I know we should be using it (bad I know....). Last week we were playing around and he ejaculated and the only way any of his sperm would have gotten in contact with me is if there were some on his fingers.

Ok, well to get to the point, my period is now a day late and I am freaking out...........I'm in the middle of midterms, completely stressed out, and the fact that my period is late is killing me. Could I possibly be pregnant??? I'm not ready for that.........it stresses me out soo much that I find it hard to concentrate on anything and it is certainly affecting my school work......which is extremely bad during midterms. I also have a hard time eating anything, I'm just completely paranoid!!!!!

I was talking to my bf and he just sais that there really is no need to worry right now, that my stress is probably causing my period to be a little late.......

I don't know.....I'm just so stessed out about this, my paretns would probably disown me if I was pregnant.......

Anyway, sorry this is soo long...I just needed to let things out a little bit....thanks for your support.

It has happened to me twice where I have just completely missed my period...took the tests, I was fine. But only twice in my life so it was stressful because it was highly unusual for me. Take the test but I doubt you're pregnant.

being sick (a cold, flu), stressed, upset, the weather... who knows. Theres lots of things that can throw it off and make you late. My girl was 2 weeks late before... needless to say i was sweating a little over that. We even went and got a test, like a day later the crimson tide rolled in and all was well with the world.

Dont sweat it, itll come. And if not... well wait another week or two and if it still doesnt then go and get yourself a PT.

I got a cold AND had a business conference to go to last weekend, and the stress made me 3 days late. Don't freak out just yet. You're probably fine, and you should just put it out of your mind until midterms are over. The day after I got home from my conference and had some time to mellow out, I got my period.

Yeah, In addition to everyone else, it is most likely your stress from your mid terms.

My gf and I are active and still have little scares every now and then, and they are always most likely caused by stress related reasons. Nothing to get more stressed than you need to. I learned that the hard way, I think I was stressing more than my gf the first time it happened and there's no baby

Hope everything works out fine

I still haven't gotten it yet, it's two days late now but I'm just going to try to put it out of my mind like you guys suggested (although that is really hard for some reason) . Worrying about it is just making me even more stressed out. I'll give it a few days. Thanks.