Whats considered a real date?

Whats considered a real date? In my opnion, I never had a real date. I have been out with a few girls in the past. I spent about 30 mins with them and after that nothing..To me it doesn't seem like a date at all..A date should be spent a few hrs together, nice dinner, going to different places etc etc..Whats considered as a real date?

A real date is defined as spending at least 4 hours with a woman in a romantic type of setting, or environment that's conductive of romantic experience, where you are paying for everything, and are having a great time together or interacting in a romantic type of way.

I've never had a real date either. I'm terrified of the prospect. I feel like I'm an actor in a Hollywood romantic movie that doesn't know his role or script and feel allot of anxiety since I dont know what to say or do infront of the camera of the other person.

To me a real date is when we plan an activity or to meet for a few hours typically in advance, with the intention of either romance or to explore potential romantic interest. I can tell you what it's not - it's not being asked to "hang out" or "meet for a quick drink" - I might call that a date in conversation but it doesn't "feel" like a real date. It's also not "come to this party/bar/other location where I'll be with my friends."

To me a real date is when we plan an activity or to meet for a few hours typically in advance, with the intention of either romance or to explore potential romantic interest. I can tell you what it's not - it's not being asked to "hang out" or "meet for a quick drink" - I might call that a date in conversation but it doesn't "feel" like a real date. It's also not "come to this party/bar/other location where I'll be with my friends."

And it's not "come to my place? My parents/roomies aren't home..." lmao!

A real date is defined as spending at least 4 hours with a woman in a romantic type of setting, or environment that's conductive of romantic experience, where you are paying for everything, and are having a great time together or interacting in a romantic type of way.

I've never had a real date either. I'm terrified of the prospect. I feel like I'm an actor in a Hollywood romantic movie that doesn't know his role or script and feel allot of anxiety since I dont know what to say or do infront of the camera of the other person.

Dam at least four hrs? I wish I could spend that much time with a girl..The most time I spent with a girl is about 30 to 40 mins and I am also terrified that I never had a real date yet.

A date doesn't have to be at least 4 hours!!! A date can be meeting up for lunch for 45 minutes, going for coffee for 1/2 hour... And it does NOT have to involve the guy paying. A date is when you get together with a girl to enjoy each other's company and there is mutual attraction.

I disagree on a technical level. I have gotten together with men not for a date and felt mutual attraction. To me a date is when the two people get together with the intention of exploring a potential romantic interest or for some kind of romance - whether it's holding hands, flirting, whatever.

there is not time limit. so don't aim for that. if you meet up and have a good time, share good conversation and can see it go further, i'd consider that a date. you both agreed to meet up alone somewhere. i don't speculate on what a date is too much. i just go out and have fun with whoever. labeling makes people act funny.

To me the label is important because I don't want to lead anyone on inadvertently and I do go out with male friends platonically. I don't mind if a platonic outing becomes a date (at least, I didn't mind before I met my boyfriend) but in certain situations I need it to be clear what it is and is not. If labeling it a date makes someone act funny it's probably because they are not ready to date - if someone wants to be dating and/or wants a relationship, they typically want to know where they stand.

Dam at least four hrs? I wish I could spend that much time with a girl..The most time I spent with a girl is about 30 to 40 mins and I am also terrified that I never had a real date yet.

I dont think a date has to be that long! Dont be terrified, just remember, odds are she is just as nervous as you. A date can be going out to lunch and a long lunch for me is 2 hours. Take care and hang in there. Baby steps are ok!

Honestly, neither can I, because it seems like you'd be put on a spot for a few hours. You are worried about uncomfortable and prolonged ackward silences, that she could have expectations that you are an experienced guy that knows what he's doing, etc....

If you are like me, you are uncomfortable being around people, in particular attractive woman, and are going to feel worried about what's going to happen within those four hours, or whatever it is. I've never been on such a date before, and I'm not too excited about being on one either given the element of the unknown involved.

To me a date is when the two people get together with the intention of exploring a potential romantic interest or for some kind of romance - whether it's holding hands, flirting, whatever.

sounds like that's the definition. But I liked the specifically 4 hours definition better It's so funny when i read it.