had to break no contact

I had to break no contact today b/c my ex sent me areally nasty email about where his stupid check was. I replied that all his mail has been returned to sender and to stop emailing me about his check, since I don't have it. Did I do the right thing? I really did not want to talk to him.

Yep, you did exactly the right thing. He can sort out his life and his unemployment check himself, it's not your problem. Well done! And yes, I think you did have to respond and tell him that you had done this. Now I hope he will just leave you alone permanently.

And well done for not running after him and sorting himself out. Believe me, if it were MY money, that would be the first thing I woudl sort out.

Go and pamper yourself this evening, and tell yourself that you did the right thing!

Being nasty like that is a degree of passion - even if it is in the form of anger. It shows he is still emotionally connected to you.

My ex used to be nasty to me, and he once told me it was because he was so upset inside, he wanted to make me as upset as him.

If he wants to be a jerk, thats his problem. Count yourself lucky you no longer have to put up with it as his girlfriend.