Why are girls so hard to understand?

Why would you want to date someone like that? It makes me sad that people can be like that

I asked my ex if I looked ok once, he said "yeah,but that jacket makes you look even fatter"

I just laughed... hysterically...

I dont think I would ever say that to a girl, many girls would be offended.

My ex and many other girls I know would say things like

"So you are saying I look fat with what I have on?"

in a kidding but serious way. Know what I mean guys?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, if I go shopping for clothes I used to LOVE taking my best guy-friend with me because if I said "do I look fat in this?" he'd say "yup!" I KNEW that if whatever I was wearing was bought with him present, I looked pretty damn mint in it.

First of all if a girl asks you the question "do I look fat in this?" she is EITHER doing it because she honestly wants your opinion (she doesn't want you to tell her AFTER the fact during an argument or something that she looked like a hippo) or she is doing it to make you squirm. It's never BOTH, and if she seriously wants your opinion, she won't crucify you for it. And if she was just doing it to get a rise out of you, then believe me, any answer would have gotten you crucified.

If I ask my BF "do I look fat in this" it's usually because I KNOW I look damn good in it and I want him to notice... And then occasionally it's because I'm wearing something I'm unsure about and going somewhere I'm really nervous that something will go wrong (i.e. presentation, interview) and so the LAST thing I want is to look bad in my outfit. In either case I want his honest response.

If I ask my BF "do I look fat in this" it's usually because I KNOW I look damn good in it and I want him to notice... And then occasionally it's because I'm wearing something I'm unsure about and going somewhere I'm really nervous that something will go wrong (i.e. presentation, interview) and so the LAST thing I want is to look bad in my outfit. In either case I want his honest response.

yup

My bf and I were talking about what I am going to wear to my job interview... I suggested things and he was yay or nay-ing them...

Just be honest, they cant get angry at you for it...

I never asked question do I look fat in that.

I don't see the point of it.

And honestly if I were the guy being asked that question I would go crazy!

Hm, how about a response like: Does my penis looks small in these pants?

You can count on her being (if stupid) or (if smart)

Hilarious

Damn syrix, I wish you were single so I would have a chance

Hmm... I don't think it's a woman -slash- man issue, I think that a person cannot fully understand another person, even of the same sex.

For example: I don't fully understand my twin sister, or my best friend. Perhaps if you know a person so well, and they know you well also, then there appears to be less need to be blunt and obvious about really OBVIOUS things...

That's my take on the situation.

... like, listen to what I mean...not always what I say...."

If this is the case, then what is the point of an established language.

Suppose I tried the same concept and say: Honey, you've gained weight.

Do you really think she is going to hear those words, but interpret them to mean: "I love you no matter what you look like and I am deeply concerned for your health and the well being of our relationship"

No I'm pretty sure she'll start crying and she won't speak to me for a week. She'll gain another 5 lbs from eating chocolate.

The best rule when it comes to women is to disregard every twisted word that comes out of their mouths, and base your actions on what they DO, not what they SAY. Here's a classic example:

Typical girl 1: oh I'm so sick of jerks, I wish I could find a nice man who would call when he says, and wouldn't stand me up or cheat on me, and who had a decent job.... *later that night she is back banging the unemployed biker who stood her up last month*

I do like the idea of repeating the message as you interpret it, as is the case with the flowers. "I interpret what you said to mean the following, is that what you want?"

Oh, but you are supposed ot KNOW what they want, because you are supposed to follow their arbitrary system of values.