how to approach women in *gulp* church

MikeyD

I already posted this in the attraction and flirting topic and didnt get any responses so im tryin here, DONT LYNCH ME

alright, theres this girl in my church and i wanna talk to her but dont know how to go about doing that cuz its in church so its like we cant talk, and she comes wit her moms and older brother (hopefully thats her brother). I dont know if she like me or not but she sometimes looks at me, but nothing like flirting (i.e licking lips, eye contact for awhile, does nothing that makes it seem like she like me, AKA nothing obvious). so like how should i go about it, and how do i know that those looks are her showing interest and not just looking around (like today, she sat like directly in front of me on the other side so her looking straight would be lookin at me)

-P.S to make things harder, im not the type that approach random girls to talk to like that, never have

Hi Mikey,

And, I did read your previous post.

I just don't have any profound thoughts other than just crashing in headlong and trying to make conversation.

Maybe at a church function.

Maybe one of her's or your friends could be a sort of liason...

Maybe an assistant pastor could help.

Church is for worship, but also for fellowship.

Good luck buddy.

Jeff

Church is for worship, but also for fellowship. Jeff

Worship, fellowship, dating, and gossip based on my observations.

Workplace and church are two the the most common places were couples meet, aside from school. So don't feel embarrassed. I've seen some really good looking women at church. Just as attractive as any I saw at work or school.

Don't you have any friends at this church who know her family? They'd know if he was her brother.

The other way, and likely best is to walk up before or after church and say hi, shake hands with her and exchange names. Hi, I'm ____. Then she'll tell her name, if she has any manners, which she likely does. If not, or if she's shy, then ask her name right after you tell your name.

Do same with the brother, BF, or whoever he is. Observe their last names. If same last name, then brother, unless married, but is she wearing a ring?

If the guy isn't her BF or husband, then ask her which church functions she goes to.

well, that would be a good idea, but lol this church the members are not THAT commited, its like yea she'll go every sunday like me, but its only an hour church and barely nobody (well not around my age) goes to church activities like that so thats out. I just need a sure fire way to approach, like while we're leaving and stuff, that can make a GOOD impression so she dont forget about me (doubt it since we go evry sunday and kinda like cross eyes sometimes) and have her interested till i see her next, cuz i doubt ima be able to talk to her outside when her moms and older brother are there, that would be an akward moment. anybody else have some suggestions?

edit: - i doubt she married, since she looks like a lil bit younger than me (im 18, so i'll say she 17 or so). about the friends that may know her fam, only ppl i know that go to church is me and my brother and on rare occasions my aunt, but this aint a church where ppl really interact to each other like as friends outside of church. i hate to draw into stereotypes, but the way i see it, this is the best way for me to paint a picture. This is an all hispanic church in the middle of the 'hood', so theres not many ppl going around with manners and stuff, trust me, i hear how ppl speak, even during church.

You deserve no lynches. You seemed to be more worried about her family and others in the church than you are about her. Find the best time for you to approach her and jump on it. Take advantage of the fellowship my friend. I dare you to take the step and just say hi when you know you can. Of course there is no guarentee but so what? You must say hi as a friend at least. If shes lookin at you, thats a good thing, which you know. You both seem to have alot in common so use it to your advantage. Dont worry bout how people speak, thats not you. Believe in yourself. No worries man, you will do fine.