Valentines day is hard. Still remember my ex.

Valentines day is reminding so much of the love I used to have for my ex. Now, I feel miserable. I want to contact her and just talk to her, but after 8 months of NC I don't want to concede to her.

I don't know why, but after so long, I miss her. It's so painful. And learning that she's living with her current finance is not helping me(I didn't find out myself. My 'best friend' told me arbitrarily.)

I don't like dealing with this, but I don't even want to THINK of contacting my ex. Especially after the relationship that we had in which I was emtionally abused. What should I do?

Valentines day is reminding so much of the love I used to have for my ex. Now, I feel miserable. I want to contact her and just talk to her, but after 8 months of NC I don't want to concede to her.

I don't know why, but after so long, I miss her. It's so painful. And learning that she's living with her current finance is not helping me(I didn't find out myself. My 'best friend' told me arbitrarily.)QUOTE]

Hi Redmage22,

your story is so similar to mine that I thought I posted it before under other ID and than forgot about it .

I think I won't do anything on Valentines day - absolutely nothing - I will be at work - go swimming after and at the evening having a few drinks (normally I don't drink almost never).

Okie

Valentine's Day is difficult for everyone who doesnt have a significant other. There are many things you can do to avoid being alone if that is your desire.

I just did a speed dating thing on Friday and it was a blast. Scared me out of my mind before I went, but by the time I got there I wasn't scared anymore and really had a good time.

Most decent sized cities have social events for singles scheduled on Valentine's Day. My suggestion is to go to one. You never know what you might find or how much of a good time you might have.

Be with friends.

Be with family.

Take a risk.

Whatever you do, don't wallow in your own lonliness that day. It's ok to be alone if you want, but dont allow yourself to be depressed.

Orlander