so my exgf recently sent me a congrats on passing my police interview email this week..I initally wrote up a reply (as seen below) once again she doesnt want a relationship because she didnt feel a 'connection' while we were in a LDR. Sh says she will always care deeply for me, and this email is kinda just like "hey i appreciate that, but you made this decision, you let me go now let me let you"

Hey

I just wanted to say thanks for your support, your words are kind to my ears. And as much as I would love to continue to read more of them, I think you know we cant continue these conversations. I've said my peace, and part of me saw this coming back in august. As you drove away that morning I remember thinking..."this girl is gonna break my heart again" I almost told NAME that day but bit my tongue..on the dream of us. You want to know why NAME? I loved you, I loved you so "F'n" much as naive as it sounds. I thought I was lucky, to have you for just as long as you and this world would let me. But you want to be free, and I wont stand in your way. if it matters, I forgive everything thats happened between us, and I'm moving on. I will always look back fondly to that first kiss, and those nights under the stars at ridley

You should cut her out of her life cause she isn't willing to be involved with you romantically while that is the way you see her.

BUT... your not going to do that. If you can't cut her, don't send a reply, if your going to insist on sending a reply, then at least make it shorter and more to the point. Don't get wordy now, there is alot to be said for having a short and to the point reply, and when you write out a long winded reply it just shows weakness.

Just my thoughts, hope you the best.

(really, just drop her, or at least stop being in contact with her for a while, it could do a world of good for both of you.)

THAT was your reply?

You only need:

Hey

"I just wanted to say thanks for your support, your words are kind to my ears. And as much as I would love to continue to read more of them, I think you know we cant continue these conversations."

That is BY FAR enough

good luck

Its been a couple of days now so im thinking of just not responding. I'm not so much getting closure, as I'm just explaining my mindset and then ending on a little nostalgia.

I tell myself that I might look up this girl again in a few years or so, just to see if anything has changed. If i got into policing we had a plan to continue on from there but basically I wanna set myself up on good terms for the future.. im thinking of just a straight non-answer.

went with :

I just wanted to say thanks for your support, your words are kind to my ears.

And as much as I would love to continue to read more of them, I think you know we cant continue these conversations. I will miss your fiery spirit, your going to change the world

happy yet an ending. adios!