SERIOUSLY! Why are some people so dumb?

So my ex and I have been broken up since last Monday. We talk here and there (i.e. How are you doing, feeling better?--i've been sick) but nothing much more than that...

An hour ago, I get a text message saying, "Goodnight, baby. I love and miss you"...

Seriously!!? Completely out of nowhere. It's what he'd say to me every night we were together. Why would he send that?

Okay, and I AM the one who broke up with him but he was okay with it... this is just so freaking random...

This really doesn't sound that surprising. If I had to guess, he's got some mixed emotions. Part of him wants you, but another part is telling him, "Dude, she broke your heart. What are you thinking?"

Did you ask him if he was drunk after the latest text message? Did you ask him if he wanted to get back together after that text message? If the answer is yes to both of those questions, then he is really conflicted about what he wants. It's the heart waging a weird war against the mind. I kinda doubt it's an intentional game he's playing, but this is me offering advice from my part of the frozen tundra to your part of the frozen tundra. Not like I know the guy, so grain of salt and all that.

Yes, he drinks quite a bit...not enough for it to be a problem though. He's successful and happy but enjoys his cheap nasty beer.

Why am I still in contact? I don't know... I haven't spoken to him, just an IM here or an IM there.

an Im here or an IM there might keep him holdiing on though... if you do NOT want anything again with him.. then don't contact him.. perhaps the IMing is giving him hope that you could change your mind.. and thats why he said what he did?

an Im here or an IM there might keep him holdiing on though... if you do NOT want anything again with him.. then don't contact him.. perhaps the IMing is giving him hope that you could change your mind.. and thats why he said what he did?

I guess i need to figure out what I want.... because I don't know... he said some really mean stuff to me, but I keep holding on... and it's frustrating

Yes, he drinks quite a bit...not enough for it to be a problem though. He's successful and happy but enjoys his cheap nasty beer.

Why am I still in contact? I don't know... I haven't spoken to him, just an IM here or an IM there.

I am of the school that if you break up with someone, you LEAVE THEM ALONE. getting in touch with him, even over IM or text, is cruel...

He is trying to forget you and you are interuppting that.