Where did you fall in love?

I was just pondering this. Do you remember where you were and what you were doing that exact second you knew you were in love with your partner? I remember mine. It was during that camping trip. We both needed time away from the real world, so we went camping way up in the mountains, 3 hours away from civilization. I remembered a cliff my father showed me when he used to take me to that same mountain lake as a kid. We spent the day fishing and then at night I showed her that cliff. It was several thousand feet to the bottom. But you couldn't see the bottom. We climbed onto a rock about 15 feet above where the trail ended. There was nothing in between us and falling to our death. The wind was blowing about 30 mph. We were actually inside of a cloud. All of the stars were out, and they were all you could see. It felt like we had left the planet. I'll never forget the look on her face when I told her to open her eyes. This was the exact second that I fell completely in love with her. Where were you?

Christmas 2002. They were giving out flowers at work. She got a Lily. She was standing near a window and it cast a shadow on the floor. She was standing in that way that is so unique to her, poised and postured. She was twirling the flowers between her fingers, flipping her hair and smiling and talking to someone. Tall and lean, she was wearing a dark purple turtleneck sweater and black jeans. I watched her from accross the room and started melting.

I fell in love with her right then and there.

Too bad she had a boyfriend, too bad she took the flower and went home to him. Too bad I went home alone. Too bad when she left she came over to say while smiling: "Merry Christmas Clementine". I could smell the lily and I could smell her hair. Too bad for me.

She didn't know... she didn't know I was falling in love with her. She still doesn't. I never told her, I never even hoped to dream it.

Falling in love with someone isn't always great...is it?

I've moved on since, but I will never forget that lily moment.

(geez something got caught in my eye just now...)

In my room, crying my eyes out. After denying that I ever loved him, I realized how much I loved and refrained myself from truly loving him because I was scared he'd leave me. So of course, I fulfilled my own prophecy and drove him away.

Oh how romantic. NOT! (haha.. i cant believe i just did the not thing. >.>)

My brother was in the hospital, I was at the cafeteria with my parents waiting for the doctor. The place was lonely, there were only the three of us, and suddenly I see a figure walking into the cafeteria looking at us...

Suddenly, I told to myself, myself: go for it, she is what you have been waiting for a long time.

Back then I was trying to work out things with my ex, and as I've never cheated, nor want to, I didn't pursue her until 6 months later, when I realized, and finally accepted that the relationship with my now ex was headed nowhere but to failure.

We were sitting on the couch. He had just cooked me dinner but was apologising because he thought it wasn't all that exciting. He just sat there and started eating his dinner. I looked at the dinner that he had cooked for me, I looked at him, and I didn't care what he thought of his chicken pasta, I thought it was amazing. I sat looking at him for a moment and all of a sudden I just thought 'I love you'. I must have had some weird look on my face because he looked over and said 'Are you ok? Is there something wrong with the pasta?' But I couldn't say it. So I simply said 'No, the pasta's great' and said nothing else.

It's 6 weeks later and I still haven't said it. Grr! Strap one on, girl!

• 1 month later...

I was standing right infront of him. And he knew what happened and didn't push it either. And the funny thing is, I thought I was in love with him before that moment, but since that moment I know that I have never experienced these kinds of feelings for anyone. The hardest part is that life has come between us and we're not really together anymore although he's giving me signs that he wants to give us another shot. But even still, if he asked me to marry him I would. I feel like I'm on cloud 9 when he's around. He just has no idea.

I knew I had never stopped loving him on the second night we were back together. Before we went to sleep I was worried about it, but during the night he woke up with a start, looked around (in that funny way men do when they wake up) saw me, grabbed me, pulled me right into him and said "stay here", moaned this satisfying little groan and held me for the rest of the night...

I was awake for ages. scared witless.

Hmmmmm. I was walking with my gf back to her apartment so she could get some socks- she didn't have any on and we were going bowling. She was very silent and seemed depressed, and had been talking about the country of her birth and the future and a bunch of deep and meaningful things... She said she had something bad to tell me, but wouldn't tell me until the end of our date.

So what did I think? Of course I was freaking out, she went in to her apartment to grab some socks and I told her I'd wait in the car, only I couldn't sit down, I was pacing back and forth even though it was cold outside, with my mind racing. When she came back outside she saw how stressed I was and told me what she had to say, which ended up being some (to me) totally insignificant thing to which she thought I'd react badly. Then we hugged, and she re-assured me that she wasn't going anywhere, and through experiencing that fear of losing her I realised that I loved her

Can we extend this topic to when we first realised our SO were in love with us?

Because that was a little earlier for me, we were lying in a park cuddling and making out. She was nibbling on my earlobe a bit, then she stuck her finger in my ear to clean out some wax, flicked it away and continued kissing me.

I was blown away by that. She didn't say anything, and did it in such a nonchalant manner that I just thought 'Wow, this girl is really in love with me.' She'd said the words earlier than that, but I guess it hadn't really sunk in...

We were on the beach last summer, just fooling around in the sand, building castles, burying each other and waiting for the tide to come it. Okay, we were actually being "mud monsters with elephantitis" but it was so much fun, and I felt like a little kid again. I didn't care if I looked fat in my bathing suit, or if sand was in my hair, the kids and parents on the beach were looking at us making a spectacle of ourselves, and I didn't care. From then on, I looked at him as a partner, rather than a threat to my independence. That was such a great summer. We're still together, and looking forward to this summer

Because that was a little earlier for me, we were lying in a park cuddling and making out. She was nibbling on my earlobe a bit, then she stuck her finger in my ear to clean out some wax, flicked it away and continued kissing me.

I was blown away by that. She didn't say anything, and did it in such a nonchalant manner that I just thought 'Wow, this girl is really in love with me.' She'd said the words earlier than that, but I guess it hadn't really sunk in...

ahhhhhhh ha ha ha ha

that... is awesome totally reminds me of me and my mister

Im loving how at the moment, hes still not comfortable saying "I love you" so he says other things instead hes a really "live and let live" kinda guy, so its really nice to have him grab me in the mornings, not letting me get up once my alarm has gone off, and growl "all mine" into my ear

He can't tell me the exact moment he fell in love with me. I can't tell him the exact moment I fell in love with him! But he had been in love with me for a long time before he told me... and once I told me, I reciprocated because I had also loved him for a long time!

I knew the exact moment I thought "hey, I think I have a crush on him". I was in my dorm room, trying on a dress to go to a military ball with my ex (even at the time we were ex's, but he needed a date for his military ball and we were friends, so it was cool). But as I stared at the mirror at this really beautiful gown I was wearing, and getting ready, I was thinking of this other guy (my current bf!). I knew at that moment I liked him... but not the moment I fell in love with him.

Falling in love was something that happened really gradually. It works for us!

I fell in love with my fiance very early on.

We were lying together in the sun, on grass, after a very long, fun and active day together We lay there for ages, him holding me while I lay my head on his chest. The wind kept on blowing my hair into his mouth so he got a little bugged and decided to sit up and let me rest my head in between his crossed legs. He said to me, "You're tired, so you can just lie here if you want" I did so, and he just watched me, stroking my hair and face until I fell asleep.

I woke up and the place was empty, the sun was nearly down and there was a red sky. He was lying down now, sleeping, with my head on his stomach, his fingers all tangled in my hair. I got up and lay right next to him, looking at his face. His curls were all blowing in the wind and he just looked really, quite amazing. He looked so perfect, everything felt perfect. I got the feeling where you are so happy you want to cry, and you can feel it swelling up. I said I loved him out loud, but he never heard me.

He woke up having no knowledge of me falling in love with him right there and then. He woke up and started making jokes about how people must have walked past us and laughed, he was just all happy and cheery.

He walked me to the station and he hugged me really tight (we hadn't even kissed yet) and when he was holding me I just felt like I was about to burst out crying and ask him to come away with me. But I couldn't do that.

I went on the train alone that night.