Ex now getting married to my ex best friend

I guess this is sort of an update/vent post,I havent posted in awhile but i read the site on a regular basis.The feelings im haveing today are overwhelming after picking up the newspaper and seeing thier marriage license in it today.It's been 5 months since she told me she needed space but didnt want me to wait forever.

My best friend who i will call B was like a little brother to me even though he lived a world away and came to visit me a couple times,i cant help but think that if he never had come to visit he would never have met the ex and this would not be happening.The hurt and betrayal of him choosing to end our friendship to be with her is something i will never be able to get over or forgive as well as her doing this and feeling that she has done nothing wrong.

I havent talked to either one of them and this whole thing they have kept from me but i found out thru other sources whom told me without me asking.She left me at a very hard time in my life and she knew it,i work 40 hours a week and was taking care of my elderly parents.

My brother has a heart attack,my father passed away in october and my mother has triple bypass surgery a week after my father passed away.I did have a friend that would come over and watch movies from time to time but she passed away christmas eve from cancer that we all thought was in remission and my only other best friend passed away 2 years ago from cancer.

So im trying to get thru day by day and im really pissed and shocked that she moved on in 5 months after 5 years,wish i could do that.

I really dont think B knows what he's getting into he's 23 and could never hold a job down where he lived in Austrailia and whats the deal? dont they have women down under?.She's 34 with 4 kids and he's never even dated a women that has children.

Somedays im ok with being single and some im not,its nice to come home and pop in an old black and white version of Arsenic and Old Lace or The Ghost Breakers with Bob Hope and chill.

I remember a post here and the Phrase "I'll never get over it but i will get thru it" and thats what im trying to do these days and hopeing i will find that someone special that will not blame me for eveything and love me for who i am and work on a relationship when the times get hard.

Anyway im just pissed at the moment and i got to go to work.

Hang in there everyone.

Sorry Fallback that you've had so many crisis's all pretty much on top of one another.

Your best friend marrying your ex? I can't even comprehend that type of thing though I know it does happen.

It seems where you're at right now, things couldn't possibly get worse? So although it's probably looking like a really long tunnel at the moment, there has to be a light somewhere down the end of it.

Betrayal, I personally don't think you ever really get over it like what you say, slowly but surely you get through it.

Do you think your ex could have been in contcat with your best friend before you 2 split up?

I'm not really sure on what to say. I know nothing I say will make it better. But I will say that I'm truly sorry for all of your losses. I can't imagine how awful just ONE of those things would be, let alone having all of them pile up at once.

Hang in there.

I am so truly sorry that you are going through so many of these horrible things at once. But here is one thought...if someone could walk away that easily, knowing everything you're going through, is that someone you would want to have as a marriage partner?

You sound like a wonderful person, who has gone through SO much, and developed SO much strength...you can get through this, too. And I agree, black and white movies can be VERY comforting!!

Wow I am so sorry for everything you're going through. I like your words, you may not get over it, but you WILL get threw it.

Wow I have to say she was terrible to you, she left you in your time of need for your best friend...WOW that's harsh. Thank God she's out, cause there is someone far greater for you.

if it's any comfort to you...I don't think thier marriage will last.

I don't know them, or much at all about them..but like you said it's only been 5 months since you broke up after 5 years, she's on the re-bound, and it's the honey moon phase (so much changes), he's 23 now raising 4 kids and he can't hold a job...so much could & probably will go wrong.

Fallback guy. i have to say. You are doing awesome. You've had so much going on, so much to deal, You're strong, hit down & you get back up...you're an ispiration.

Every struggle is a time to grow & develop your character. (paraphrased james 1:2) Keep your eyes on the light at the end of this tunnel cause this too will pass. And you will come out of this stronger & wiser.

Fallback Guy,

I can't believe someone who you spent 5 years of your precious time with could possibly do this to you. She is heartless and selfish. Now you can use your anger to accelerate your healing process. I'm pretty sure someday you will meet a great woman and thank to the God that you didn't end up marrying this woman. Hang in there.

Thank you all for your support and kind words,i really needed them.

Rainz,yes they were in contact before we split up as he was with me...he was like family to me so much so that we all three got the same tattoo the last time he was here so we would all have something to carry with us the rest of our lives and look back on fond memories.But now it has become a painfull reminder badge for me.

Yes i cant help but wonder how long this was going on behind my back and i seen and felt the red flags before she needed space,all the while i was confiding in him my hurt and pain which im sure he used to his advantage.He told me dont worry bro i will be here if you need to talk!.Then he stopped responding to my e-mails and calls.

Yes i have had thoughts of suicide but i need to be strong and it would only make matters worse for my elderly sick mother whom im takeing care of as well as working a full time job,its the cowards way out,but those dark thoughts linger.

I guess i should have expected it not to last between me and her due to her haveing her first child then ditching the father and haveing 3 more children and her decideing to ditch thier father as well and me feeling as if i was her fallback guy after that.

I wonder now about her ex-husbands side of the story and what he would have to say about thier relationship and just how much of it she made up about him.

Fallback guy reunion tour coming to a stadium near you soon