Good methods for getting sleepy/falling asleep?

I put my ipod on - not music, but comedy or an audio book or something. If this is not possible, try thinking your way through a favourite film or book, adding as much detail as you possibly can. E.g. Harry Potter. Right, there's this boy who sleeps in a cupboard and lives with his uncle, aunt and cousin, vernon, petunia and dudley, because he's an orphan. etc.

Helps me!

Try having a cup of decaf herbal tea which contains chamomile and valerian. They are ususally found in the tea aisle of most grocery stores, or in pharmacies. The Brand Celestial Seasonings makes one called "SleepyTime Extra". link removed There are many other brands that make them too.

Something that takes practise but works brilliantly:

Lying in bed, force all thoughts out of your head and concentrate on your senses. Imagine yourself being very heavy, then very light.. Feel the weight of the room push in on you. Listen to the heaviness of the silence. Imagine yourself floating. All the while, thoughts will come to you. As soon as you become aware of them, push them out immediately.

Hot milk with vanilla and honey is another hot drink that helps.

You know what works "valerian root". You just take one or two pills (don't get the extract cause it tastes terrible". Don't take it every night! Just once in a while when you have insomnia and nothing else works. You won't develop dependency but with regular use you can get depression. I used to use it about once a week but haven't had a sleep problem in a really long, long time!

yeah i know how to get you to fall asleep.

drink a 40oz of malt liquor and take some xanax!! just kidding!! (that's actually a dangerous combo).

anyway, melatonin pills or tylenol pm usually works for me. although the tylenol pm usually makes me feel groggy when i wake up. i know the tylenol route may not be the best.

those teas people have recommended are good as well.

also, try meditation.