Follow up on that girl

Ok, first thank you to everyone who responded to my post about the girl who gave me her phone number. I'm planning to ask her out but if she accepts, and we go, am I expected to invite her to my home afterwards? I know I would feel very uncomfortable doing that but if I don't do it, would she take it as a sign of disinterest or lack of confidence?

PS: I forgot to add that this meeting place is very very close to where I live. Does it make any difference?

Purpose of the first date is to have fun (as Day_Walker stated) and to get to know her. No need to invite her to your place. After she makes the cut only do you invite her to your place. If she doesn't make the cut, then she never gets to know where you live.

All you should be concerned about on your date is that you should have fun. Just let the date happen and do not get caught up in your insecurities.

I agree with that totally! Don't overanalyze it. Just go with it. If you do decide you like her and don't want to go back to your place, just tell her that. I know there are so many head games these days, sometimes it's just easier to be totally honest. Altho, I wouldn't divulge previous relationship issues just yet.

Why would it come up, tho? Are you meeting somewhere? Picking her up? Is going back to your place something you have talked about already?

Absolutely not! Play it by ear, don't fret about possible issues. If you went for coffee/drink/meal, have a nice time out together, walk her home, say goodnight however you deem appropriate!, make another date with her, and then call her/text her soon to say you had a really nice time. Don't play games, just be yourself - it's always fantastic to go out on a date with someone who really likes you, makes me feel all warm and cherished!