THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

guys, such a crappy day for all of us! wiley - gosh that's horrible that your ex would put a status like that on facebook... that's just childish!! and untagging the photos, well that i can understand a little more.

Ugh, we should NOT be hearing about our exes!!

Ash - I'm glad you got your reply!! I got something similar from my ex and 1 week later apparently he was commited to someone else!

Love sucks!

I wish I could understand it... please share! the only reason I can think of is so no new blokes on the scene know shes married. Please, please give me the womans perspective on this so I can stop the crappy thoughts going through my head!

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viper - Ok, first, when I broke up with my ex, for example, and was happy being single, I never really took any of his photos down and haven't now that he screwed up with me. So basically, I don't really take this photo tagging thing very seriously. It's where I store my photos, it's my history, whatever you know? My ex doesn't have facebook anyways but a lot of people we know I still have the photos but it doesn't bother him because I mean, it's part of our history? It doesn't bother guys that are interested in me either.

Therefore, in my opinion, why would your ex need to lie to the guys she wants to "get with"? If she untagged those photos there's only one person she wants to affect... you. At least that's how I see it? Why she wants to affect you I have no idea.

• Like 1

me neither! I just dont understand... I feel like texting her and just saying " * * * !!!! you change your name and untag yourself from all the photos on facebook do I really mean that little to you???" but that probably wouldn't be wise! I just wish I knew what was going on in her head! ](*,)

me neither! I just dont understand... I feel like texting her and just saying " * * * !!!! you change your name and untag yourself from all the photos on facebook do I really mean that little to you???" but that probably wouldn't be wise! I just wish I knew what was going on in her head! ](*,)

Oh Viper, that's rough!

are you still "friends" with her on FB?

I'd suggest deleting the friendship.

I think it's pretty low for her to un-tag herself, I mean, gosh - it was her wedding too!

It's hard to say Why she would do that... maybe it is hurting her too? Maybe she's just trying to mess with your mind?

I say, make distance and keep NC!

Good Luck man! We're here for ya!

Oh Viper, that's rough!

are you still "friends" with her on FB?

I'd suggest deleting the friendship.

I think it's pretty low for her to un-tag herself, I mean, gosh - it was her wedding too!

It's hard to say Why she would do that... maybe it is hurting her too? Maybe she's just trying to mess with your mind?

I say, make distance and keep NC!

Good Luck man! We're here for ya!

No she deleted me from her friends list a while ago. Got a text all ready to send... stopping myself though... never had the heart to have a go... even though what shes done hurts like hell all the text says is 'I love you x' What a sad person i have become!

This has to be the longest thread on the face of the internet, but I'm joining in. I've been no contact for 6 days now. But start day one right now on this forum. I think it should be fairly easy for me comparatively because my thing was a cyber/telephone "relationship". But damn.. even something that was not real to begin with sure hurts when it's ripped out from underneath you doesn't it?

I have not checked the yahoo account he has to see if i have offline messages waiting.

I have not called.

I have stopped looking for him online.

I hope i can keep this going and shake this off in a short amount of time because honestly it's not even worth the mental drama. I've never even met the guy!

*waves* hi everybody!

No she deleted me from her friends list a while ago. Got a text all ready to send... stopping myself though... never had the heart to have a go... even though what shes done hurts like hell all the text says is 'I love you x' What a sad person i have become!

Day 11

I've got an e-mail ready too. Mine is asking if she wants to go to the dog park with me, and about how I'm still thinking about her. Just trying not to send it because I know in my heart it'll just go ignored. This isn't getting any easier, what a bummer. Not much else to talk about today, I've been really tired lately, haven't had much drive to do anything.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Went on her facebook, she seems so happy. I sent that freaking email to her. I know I'm just going to be let down. MY heart feels horrible. Breaking NC sucks. But it's okay, I'm not going to reset my days, that would only signify failure. I'm pressing on, either way.

Day - 22

It's the third night in a row now that I have I dreamt about my ex and the dreams are getting stranger and stranger, I won't go into the details but I'm determined not to let it get me down because for a change the sun is out in England!

How does it work if you reply to an email from them? I kept it short and brief, and am feeling reasonable ambivalent about a response ie. I didn't ask any quesions so no reason to get one. D i start counting from 1 again?

Play by your rules. If you want to start over then start over. I should probably start over at day one, I sent my ex a short email, but starting at day one again wouldn't do any good for me, it would just make me feel worse. I'm just gonna keep telling myself that I've got it under control, we all make mistakes, sometimes just moving on and pretending they never happened is best.

Ok...technically I didnt contact my ex 5 days ago....I merely commented on something he posted about a picture (on a common's friend's FB profile). So I will keep counting the days as if I had not contacted him......my goal being 90 days anyway (and not 30).

Still asking myself a zillion questions about his behavior (why why why ??). When does it get better ???

Hope is a cruel thing.

Day 3

After over a month of NC, my ex-fiance gets in touch with me. She invites me to a movie and we go to dinner. Great times. Everyone I told seems to think she's starting to realize that despite my mistake, I was a really great guy. Most of my friends think she wants me back. People commenting on my thread seem to think that I have a chance at reconciliation.

I sent her a brief email on late Thursday night. It is now Saturday afternoon. She left to go to her parents on early Friday and got back late last night, but I only know this because my bro said she posted that on Facebook. Maybe she hasn't had time to respond?? Or Call??

All I know is that, I have hope now and so resuming NC is going to be all the more difficult.

It sure does suck when they play with your head like that?

Mine went icy/quiet on me for a week.. then called and talked for 2 hours, then went dead on me again. That stupid call had me all happy and hopeful that things were back they way they were before.. so all he did was hurt me further.

I think you are right.. get back into NC..

I realized I'm at a point where I think I'll be sad whichever way I decide to go.

I realized that I don't want to move on because it's depressing to think that he'll become less and less a part of my life from here on out and my happiness will slowly make me forget about him. On the other hand it's depressing that I'm still sad about this. I realized that even if one day he decides to ask for me back...I'm not sure if I can trust him anymore. I'm not sure if my heart will be in it 100% and I'm not sure if things will ever be the way it was. I picture myself still hurt in the future even if we were together. Knowing this, I should be able to move on because it means that there really isn't a future for us because of what happened. At the same time, I still love him and miss being around him. I'm afraid of losing contact with him and being okay with that. I remember reading some post secret card that said something along the lines of "sadder than the day you left me is the day I realize I don't miss you anymore". I never understood that until now .=( I feel stuck.

I wonder if knowing that we can't be together makes it ok for us to be friends earlier. It means when we hang out, I will not have any ulterior motives to get him back. But I don't know if I can ever stop loving the person he was in our old relationship. Can you be friends with someone you love because you realize that there is no future otherwise? I want to invite him to an event but I'm afraid to even ask...

ahhh!

Day 7

Today is a big day for me for two reasons

1) I've made it a week, my longest so far! Now I'm gonna see if I can try for 2, 3, forever!

2) Although I'm not over my ex at all, I'm now comfortable saying yes, I AM single. The idea of getting back on the 'scene', talking to other girls, maybe having a few causal dates interests me greatly. I think it would only aid the healing process (there's life after the breakup etc). Although being a guy with very little self confidence (due to abusive relationships in the past coupled with no self-worth anyway) this is more a pipe dream than anything, but its nice to know I'm there now.

Day 7

Today is a big day for me for two reasons

1) I've made it a week, my longest so far! Now I'm gonna see if I can try for 2, 3, forever!

2) Although I'm not over my ex at all, I'm now comfortable saying yes, I AM single. The idea of getting back on the 'scene', talking to other girls, maybe having a few causal dates interests me greatly. I think it would only aid the healing process (there's life after the breakup etc). Although being a guy with very little self confidence (due to abusive relationships in the past coupled with no self-worth anyway) this is more a pipe dream than anything, but its nice to know I'm there now.

thats great! i wish i could get out of the house more often and just have fun! but idk being at home watching tv with the ex for a year and ahalf has made me hate going out! ahhhh but im doing it tonight, going to the hookah bar with one of my friends, maybe this is a good day to bring out the sexy clothes haha

thats great! i wish i could get out of the house more often and just have fun! but idk being at home watching tv with the ex for a year and ahalf has made me hate going out! ahhhh but im doing it tonight, going to the hookah bar with one of my friends, maybe this is a good day to bring out the sexy clothes haha

Go for it! Just try and have an enjoyable, relaxed night. I think all of us on ENA deserve that at least. That's what we did last night, went to the kind of club we'd NEVER have gone to before just for a laugh, ended up having a great time and sober too. I think that's what set me up for my revelation today.

But I know the feeling of preferring to stay in etc, I certainly couldn't go out every night