THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know the feeling bostoneric...its been over a month since he left and everything just keeps getting me down. I'm hoping after 30 days no contact we can talk but i dnt know that he will want to talk to me even then today is day 6

I feel so down today I feel sick!. The realisation that he really doesnt love me is setting in and its making me feel dizzy

I don't think I can do this. I've arranged to meet up with my ex as friends tonight. It'll be the first time I've actually seen her in over 3 weeks. This could go horribly wrong I know.. She's happy with her bf, I just miss her so much that I feel like friends is better than nothing. It's kind of an experiment really.. If it goes horribly wrong and I end up a crying wreck then I'll know that I can't be friends with her and will start nc again. I just hate not having her in my life. I suggested going out for a drink and she said she doesn't have any money, so I said that I have a bottle of wine at home and she then said that she can't drinks because she's on medication.. hmm. Do you think that she doesn't want to drink because she doesn't trust herself not to come on to me? Or is that just wishful thinking..?

Samantha you sound in the same position as me... I was willing to hold on to 'friendship' and saw my ex on Sunday - big mistake. I cried more than I have before and we held hands and the pain was unbearable. Don't put yourself through it. I did it less than 72 hours ago and now I'm my 1st day NC because I can't do it to myself.

If you do meet her.. I bet you a £100 you'll be going NC tomorrow!!! But hey, maybe that's a good thing!

I do feel powerful sometimes. But then I get on a big downer again. My mum just said something that kinda upset me. I told her the ex didn't email back the last time. She said "he never really did much at all since you split up, did he?" Oh thanks for the reminder, mum!

Grrr. Whatever. It will be a week tomorrow.

Day 7 and it is the toughest day since day 1 a week ago. I've done this before, make it 7-8 days, then send an email and leave a voicemail. the emails get returned with simple what's been going on stuff. Voicemails - no reply. I don't lay it on but I clearly am looking for something that just isn't happening.

I'm sticking NC but this urge to contact her is unreal, man, this sucks.

I went on a 3rd date this past weekend, really nice girl, but I'm not interested as all I can do is think of the ex. I have zero interest in dating so maybe i need a time out.

Will contacting the ex just push her away more?

when is the right time to contact, after 30 days? I know, I know, when I'm healed, but when is that? I am proud of myself for each day I make it but I also feel like I'm one day further from her being in my life. I don't want to date ANY other girls.

to be honest I broke NC.. and slept with him. strangely I am feeling better... kind of realized that he just needs his alone time and space... all he does is plays xbox and goes to work... I almost feel sorry for him, but I think he will come back once he realizes what's missing... I felt his energy increase when I was there a couple days ago because I was joking around with him and I think he realized what he is missing out on... but then again, he said it was a one time thing and the sex won't happen again... the plus thing is that he said we can EVENTUALLY be friends.. as opposed to two weeks before saying he doesn't ever want to be my friend. I sound crazy I know... but... yeah I will shut up.

Angry - what was it that caused you to break NC? you said a scare of some sort.

As a newbie on day 7 I am hoping it gets better by then so I want success stories but those people fully healed prob. don't post on here anymore. That said, i would love to be back with my ex and is why i'm on this board.....