Dressing up for the gym...

TiredMan

Maybe they figure that because I am a petite girl I will only do one set...who knows! I certainly let them know they assumed wrong anyway!

And I am 5'4", so given most of the guys there are more around 6' I run into that issue frequently....

Nice...yeah.....I am sure it's not the muscles alone that changed her features and voice...not without some not-so-legit-help....

She looks like she injected testosterone for sure. But it's funny and scary to hear those grunts. It reminds me of the noises during the movie Hostel lol.

I guess I should admit that if there is a 5'4" girl there, I would think the same thing. Yes I'm assuming but i'm usually right lol.

The gym can definitely be a major meat market and a place where people like to show off.

I have tried out a few trial memberships to various gyms and I never could stand it. Between the meat market aspect, waiting for machines (I am very impatient) and the germs and sweat (I get grossed out easily) I decided to give up on the concept of the gym all together. I saved up my money that I would have spent on memberships and bought some equipment for home. I'm much happier when I can work out alone.

The only place I work out publicly is in an indoor city pool. Even then, I go extremely early in the morning and most of the time, I'm swimming with the elderly so there are no people looking for dates there.

BellaDonna

For my goals, home gym won't accomplish. I have so many different workouts that can't be accomplished with a home gym so that isn't a choice for me. I chose this gym because it's close. My old gym was MUCH better in terms of serious workouts but I had to drive an hour each way to get there and it was too much to deal with.

The gym can definitely be a major meat market and a place where people like to show off.

I have tried out a few trial memberships to various gyms and I never could stand it. Between the meat market aspect, waiting for machines (I am very impatient) and the germs and sweat (I get grossed out easily) I decided to give up on the concept of the gym all together. I saved up my money that I would have spent on memberships and bought some equipment for home. I'm much happier when I can work out alone.

The only place I work out publicly is in an indoor city pool. Even then, I go extremely early in the morning and most of the time, I'm swimming with the elderly so there are no people looking for dates there.

BellaDonna

My roomie and I did the 1am work outs (insomnia has perks) and there were still guys that would look at us in our sweats, but I prefer yoga. I like the overall concept of personal meditation and flow.

Swimming with elderly ladies can be fun, they have some wicked senses of humor!

It really doesn't matter what women wear to the gym. Whatever they wear, I will find it quite attractive. Some of the best motivation to finish your cardio is watching women workout. There just isn't the incentive to stop early and leave. There isn't much they could wear to cover up. And keep in mind, people sweat in the gym. So lots of clothes or heavy sweat pants etc are often undesirable. What is left are by and large sexy outfits.

I don't have a reason to dress up for the gym. There are far more guys there than girls and I am there to workout, not hit on women. I take the attitude that women are there to do the same. If I make a friend there fine. I can ask her out later. If not, I still get in a good workout.