What did you learn the most from your affair?

Heisinmyheart

I was cheated on and what the idiot realized was that the grass was already greener with me...now, he will not admit to cheating...he said he never f**** her...uh-huh...he came back to me, but we have very serious communication issues...we need to work on that..

It just threw a wrench in the relationship and he wants to salvage whats left.. he is being extra nice...ha ha...we'll see if it lasts

I learned that in the end, the person that has the affair with the married person. always gets hurt the worst. You are always the odd man, or woman out, and the longer the affair goes on, the more you realize what you are missing, and how much you've allowed this person to distract you from meeting someone that truly loves you, not someone who wants to jump into bed with you once a week, get their rocks off, and then go back and play the part of "the good wife" around the poor, un-suspecting, husband. In my case, I could bring her world down in a heartbeat by letting the cat out of the bag. But she knows I love her and would never do such a thing to her. I'm the safe choice for whatever is missing in her marriage but as time has worn on, two years now, it's taken a heavy toll on me. I'm on a constant seesaw ride with my emotions. Tonight is especially hard! She invited me to a Christmas party with her husband, family, and friends, and I gracefully declined. A year a go it wouldn't have bothered me as much, now it's nothing but depressing to be around her in that environment and watch her play the part of "the good wife" with the "perfect little life". It's making me extremely resentful of the hypocrisy of it all. Her husband is living a lie and has no idea of it. He thinks his marriage is just fine and dandy. She's living a lie, because you don't have an intimate, long term relationship with someone if you are truly in love with your husband, and I'm living a lie because I thought I could really keep my emotions out of this and keep it on a strictly friends with benefits level. I can't! It looks like I'm finally bringing things to a head this holiday season and ending this thing, even though I know it's going to depress the hell out of me for a long time to come. You have no idea what it's like to have everything you've ever wanted at your fingetips and yet in reality it's all a million miles away!

I was an inadvertant participant in an affair where the man lied about his availability and covered up his true marital status.

I learned that married people who participate in affairs are by default liars, and very comfortable with lying and deceiving the person they have vowed to cherish and be faithful to, their own spouse, so why should you believe anything they tell you? they are self centered enough to be after their own pleasure regardless of any promises they make to ANYONE.

So if they are willing to lie to and betray their own spouses they will do the same to others whenever it suits their purposes. NOT good candidates for a loving, long term relationship.