new to relationships

hey guys, so i've finally got a girlfriend after 19yrs of singleness(I'm 19yrs old) and so far it's amazing; the only thing is, since i've been single my whole life i really don't know any "relationship etiquette" such as how often i should call her, how i should be around her at work (we work together(it's just another job so it's not a big deal if i get fired or were to quit)) etc. I guess what i'm trying to say is, i wanna be a good boyfriend but don't really know how.

Some tips on how to be a good boyfriend:

1) Treat her with respect

2) Be honest with her

3) Be considerate

4) Be a good listener

5) Being able to communicate

You don't have to shower her with gifts her or anything, but I think it's cute that you'd surprise her once in a while with something small, like a rose, card , or a picnic at the park or something. The calling thing depends on the couple. My ex and I were really big on talking on the phone so we do that maybe like once a week, but I have friends that talk with their boyfriends everyday on the phone.

Here's my list

1) Be yourself, no matter what

2) Be honest with her when you are scared, happy etc...

3) Remember that she is her own person

4) Love her for that

Game playing stunts relationships in the fastest manner possible. I have found that not playing games has NOT made relationships but at least I can know that I was totally honest with what I wanted and needed.

Here's my list

1) Be yourself, no matter what

2) Be honest with her when you are scared, happy etc...

3) Remember that she is her own person

4) Love her for that

Game playing stunts relationships in the fastest manner possible. I have found that not playing games has NOT made relationships easier but at least I can know that I was totally honest with what I wanted and needed.

If you really want to know how to treat her, then you need to absorb this simple formula: We (and this includes her) fall for people when they give us what we (she) wants and needs emotionally (emotional fulfillment, making us feel appreciated, wanted, etc.), AND when they do so while remaining aloof and independent, not needy of clingy.

At work, I would treat her as if she was a friend, not much more. Keep it professional while at work.

I would try not to call her all the time.

Respect for her is required, show it. Respect for you is just as, if not more of a requirement. She will let you know if she thinks you are not resepcting her. You must let her know if she does something you consider disrespectful.

speaking of respect, i would like to post this comment and i hope i get some responses but i am only looking for one specific comment [wink] - so i will compose it as talking directly to this person

hi,

not sure if u are online right now but just wanted to say that is it just me or did we really have this many issues when we were together? and i don't mean the crazy time - u know at the start? i seem to remember things as us telling each other our dealbreakers and moving on - funny how time changes things eh

i can't stay online fer very long because in a little bit i have my first reintroduction class at rideauwood [i really had to push to jump the que of 40 but i told them its really important as i might have a gf again and its important for her to know and see that i am doing things - not just saying them]

have u ever been there? probably not eh? i meant for yer work?

would you think about something, no quick decision, but personally i've spent the last 400 years on a freaking computer, and would rather we skip this part and maybe meet and do the face to face - we could have lunch at mottttti makakakakahal on saturday - just an idea - no pressure

ok, gotta get going, i'll check in later - man, nice to 'see' ya - feels great eh

Never EVER overdo things. As pointed out before, do NOT communicate with her excessively or shower her with large gifts. Be as subtle as possible.

You want to do the little things that noone else does; notice things that noone else does, and respond to those. This is called listening. Just be honest, and respect her. Be yourself. Mistakes will be made, but you will learn and grow stronger from themas DayWalker said.