What do you think of this letter my ex wrote to her step mom about the guy she cheated on me with after a 1.5 year relationship. Keep in mind that she met him in A BAR IN MADRID!

Now the response back from her step mom.

Tell me what you think of this, and if I am in the wrong to think of her as a little materialistic (and her step mom too!). Thanks!

I agree with the other posters. She doesn't sound at all materialistic. She is being honest about her feelings and needed some unbiased advice.

You've come to the point where you love her more than she loves you. That is never a good thing. She won't suddenly decide she HAS to be with you. You need to just let her go. If you're right for each other, later on in life, you'll meet up again. Give her space. That's what she needs more than anything right now. From her letter, it sounds like you're smothering her. I am truly sorry for what you're going through. I know what it's like to love someone more than they love you. It kills.

I also wonder... how did you come about these letters?

Man, I am sorry about you having to read that man. That is pretty rough.

I think your ex sounds like a cold hearted * * * * *, but hey, at least she is spelling it out for you and you don't have to waste anymore time with an idiot like her. She has said that you are obsessive compulsive, not as smart as this other guy, and she thinks "its odd that he accepts me back after I cheated on him, I would NEVER do that for him". Yeah, that would be it for me dude.

The stepmom is doing what a mom does, and that is give some support to her daughter

Let Don Juan in Madrid have her, and good riddance. You can do better than this my friend.

that's a painful thing for you to read, but i hope you didn't get that by spying on her or breaking into her email after the breakup... that would be obsessive and maybe what they were worrying about.

having said that, regardless of anything else, it is clear from these letters that she didn't have the emotions for you that are needed to commit to a serious relationship with you. who knows, maybe she just needs to date different guys right now, and this guy could start off big and still not be right for her either. but it sounds like she made her choice to move on, so you will have to as well.

and it sounds like she is not really right for you either... you need to be with someone who thinks you are great, and who doesn't cheat on you. both she and her stepmother glossed over the fact that she was cheating on you with this guy, and you have a reason to be upset about that, but people tend to be blind to their own faults and rationalize their own bad behaviors.

so don't waste any more time thinking about this, just get on with your healing and look for someone that is more compatible with you.

move on dude who cares what they think or what to make of it.

She thinks you are too clingy, or that you cant live without her.... maybe another girl will appreciate you for you. She didnt show enough class to keep her legs closed, so I would really not dwell on what her opinion is of you, or of what her mom thinks of the whole situation. Any mom who doesnt chastise their kid for cheating on their SO shouldnt be taken seriously in my opinion. Were I the parent the first thing I would have done is railed her for cheating on you in the first place. Everything else, the reasons, excuses, feelings etc. come secondary to that.

So the best thing you can do, is forget her. Dont call, dont email, dont contact... move on. Try to better yourself, heal, and find someone who can appreciate you for you.