I'm torn. I recently met this 45 year old man that I've grown to like a lot. I'm attracted to him. We have a lot of the same interests. He makes me laugh and is very supportive of me. I'm comfortable around him and we respect each other. I want to be with him. He makes me happy. I have a feeling that he'll ask me out one day, but I can't decide what to do when he does. I'm in my early 20s and don't know if it would be a good decision on my part to go out with someone that much older.

The problem is I know we will do well together. In fact, we have such good chemistry that I wouldn't even be surprised if marriage happens sometime down the road. That is why I don't know if I should yes if he asks me on a date. If I say yes, I may end up breaking his heart in the future. If I say no, then at least I'll be able to avoid ruining the relationship we have right now.

Any advice?

I've been in this situation before and at first everything seems great. But as you get in a deeper relationship you really start noticing the age difference!! I would say not to rush into it, don't think about marriage yet. That's what I did. You have got to take a situation like this slowly so you can see how difficult it can be. I think the hardest thing for me was that we were in two compleatly different places in our lives and that eventually effects things.

I think you should give it a try though, just move slowly.

I say, if he asks you on a date, go for it. I understand that you're afraid of hurting him later on...but let's face it, rejection hurts even on a first date. Your friendship will never be the same again once he asks you out, regardless of your answer -- so why not say yes and see how things go? And unless you give it a try, you won't find out if the two of you would work out romantically.