i'm over being lead on

Caterina

I'm over mind games. I'm also over being lead on. I've had it happen before where a guy would act like he was interested in me, and then never ask me out. When I showed interest back, they would pull away. My main goal in life is not to feed the ego of some guy who has such low self esteem that he has to go looking for girls that he can pretend to be interested in. Don't compliment me, don't call me all the time, don't ask for my advice, don't flirt with me if you don't like me. WHy do guys do this? Do they just want to see if they can get you? DId they meet someone that they deem as "better"? Whatever, but leave me out of your silly pathetic internal conflicts about me, which really DON'T concern me. Just be upfront!!!

• Like 1

I completely second that.

Why they do it? Well you've just responded yourself.

to feed the ego of some guy who has such low self esteem that he has to go looking for girls that he can pretend to be interested in

You're right what a drag. But the important thing is that you're aware of the games now, and not willing to play along. Way to go!

I think flirting is not leading on - it's just flirting. Until a guy asks me out on a proper date, everything else is just harmless flirting and I keep him off my interest radar. The difference with you is that you think a man who flirts with you has an obligation to ask you out on a date and that if he doesn't he is leading you on. I would agree that leading on is when a man asks you out on a proper date and then, while on the date, tells you he is married or otherwise attached.

And, don't let yourself be lead on - keep contact to a minimum other than platonic friendly contact until and unless he calls you and asks you out on a proper date.

I think flirting is not leading on - it's just flirting. Until a guy asks me out on a proper date, everything else is just harmless flirting and I keep him off my interest radar. The difference with you is that you think a man who flirts with you has an obligation to ask you out on a date and that if he doesn't he is leading you on. I would agree that leading on is when a man asks you out on a proper date and then, while on the date, tells you he is married or otherwise attached.

And, don't let yourself be lead on - keep contact to a minimum other than platonic friendly contact until and unless he calls you and asks you out on a proper date.

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner!

Well said.

I am with Diggity and Betya on this one. Flirting is just flirting. I never took a man seriously until he asked me for my number or gave me his, or asked me out on a proper date. Just because someone flirts with you does not obligate him/her to ask you out or anything for that matter. I mean flirting is a good start, it can break the ice and you can observe body language and so forth but it is certainly not the end all be all of showing interest and asking the person out.

Try to relax and just have fun.