Question Poll: How to get over your ex?

Hi

It might be subjective for all of you, but:

1. How do you get over your ex? In terms that you would not cry or sad thinking of them.

2. How long its takes for you to get over them?

3. Does after breakup affect/change your perspectives/life goals?

4. Are you scare of entering into another the relationship again?

5. Do you eventually find someone who is right for you?

6. Do you have plan to live alone if you does not found the person you want to spend the rest of you life with?

7. When you are still single at forties, would you consider adoption?

1. How do you get over your ex? In terms that you would not cry or sad thinking of them.

time is the greatest healier and learning about what you want and making you the main focus.

you never get over them but they come compartmentalized as special to you and your heart will always flutter a bit over them but they are your close friends.

i reckon it depends on age but defintely. You focus on you more maybe be more selfish and learn about you more to

I am - not sure if i want to give so much and weirdly bit scared of the physical stuff -

havent yet but will do - by the way i believe this is a decision not just by magic as everyone makes it out to be

6. Do you have plan to live alone if you does not found the person you want to spend the rest of you life with?

no i live for me now but believe i will find one sometime - if not i will be comfy with me -

not sure still early thirties - hope find someone by then - but maybe if i financially secure.

Spend time with family and friends. Stay away from the ex and try to keep busy.

It really depends how long you guys dated and how serious you are. If you guys were really in love, at least a couple months. It took me about 3 months go get it over with. I mean it still stings but i'm over it now...(and its been about 7 months.)

Yeah it really does. Your life changes after a breakup and so does your goals. You want to prove it to urself and others that you are capable of being successful.

This is the hard part. Everyone has certain standards of the opposite sex. You just have to get out there and meet new people.

6. Do you have plan to live alone if you does not found the perso

n you want to spend the rest of you life with?

Hell no !

No

I thought it is a perplexing question very time i went through a break up but it isnt that complicated.

I suppose in the end it is a decision to move on and to take control of your own life.

This should anser the questions that you asked.

It is your decision to make a decision and live the decision because in the end, it is your decision.

Well if you need to cry then well when i am on my own i just cry and let it all out then i will start to feel better

Depends on how long with them and how much i liked them, and if i loved them well i never get over them just learn to live with it

Me nope because right now i have no goals i am just playing life by each day and maybe travel when i am 18 if i have enough money saved by then, and a break up wouldnt change my mind about that

Yeah, scared if it is just going to end again, and scared how slow to take it so things wont turn out like the past

Yes, well not everyone but the lucky people will find someone right for them and the love of there life

Dont know, i really dont know where this life is going to take me later in life and really dont want to think about it

I dont know, proberly not, not planing on having em

spend time with my family alot, try and get out with old friends. maybe a date

few months. (2)

yes, after i broke up with my ex. i signed up for the military

yes, im in a new relationship now and its hard to relize hes not gona act like my ex. im still dealing with it

OFCOURSE!

i try not to make my life revolve around a realtionship, id be just as happy living alone

no

I don't think that I will ever really get over my ex. A long time (20 months) has passed since the breakup, but I still miss him every day. I sometimes get sad thinking of him, but I rarely cry about it at this point. Over time, my emotions have become more muted, but they are still there.

In my case, with this particular ex, I still haven't gotten over him, but my relationship with him was the longest and most significant of my life. With other men I've dated, I've gotten over them in a relatively short time (took one to two months), but they were also short relationships.

With this ex, yes. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him and that all got shattered in an instant. It hasn't affected my career choices at all. In fact, I got a new and better job after the breakup. But it has really messed up my personal goals, because I want to get married and have children.

Yes, definitely. Terrified more like it. Because of the circumstances of the breakup with the ex, I don't think that I'll ever be able to trust anyone again.

Despite having gone on about 28 dates with about 24 different guys since the breakup, I haven't found anyone to be in a relationship with or who is right for me. It's very discouraging. I'm taking a break from dating right now, because I'm just tired of it all.

I won't really have any other choice but to live alone if that happens.

I'm 31 now, so I'm not currently considering it. But if I hit 40-42 and I'm still single, yes, I would adopt.

As they sad "Time heals"...the best way is just to feel all the pain,angel and sorrow at once,with all of its strenght and though it will hurt a lot,you will let go of these emotions easier.

I've had only one meaningful relationship..it took me 3 months to stop crying and not being able to feel positive emotions...but to be ready for another relationship it took me 7 months.

Well...I wanted to show him what he had lost so I wanted to become the best in everything...but I was too deeply drowned into sorrow and depression to do anything.

I'm scared of falling in love.

I can't really say.I hope so.

Maybe.I'll buy a dog anyway

No.

Time and devotion to other things helped me to get over my ex. Also, dating other nice guys who were better then your ex or at least give you a good time is also effective to helping you forget your ex.

It took me about seven months to completely get over them and all the pain associated with them. We dated for two months. I had allowed myself to get emotionally involved before I was ready.

Of course, all experience does that.

Yes, but it has only remote connections to do with the relationship I had with him.

Maybe...life sucks, though, so I don't know.

There ain't no way I'm going through life alone...I get too lonely

Maybe.

You have to focus on making yourself and your life the very best it can be. Get fit, get gorgeous, get back out there. Fill your time with stuff to do...its doesnt matter what...but things that will start to occupy your mind. Talk to friends, family and loved ones. Start new classes, hobbys, go to new places. Build your confidence back up...do stuff you wouldnt normally do. Go to the movies on your own. Eat at a new cafe/restraunt. Have a new hair cut and buy some new style clothes for an image revamp.

Most of all remember why you split up with that person. if they can hurt you this much by dumping you...why would you want to be with them anyway? And if they were emotionally/physically abusive during the relationship...good riddance to bad rubbish.

I think it depends on the length of time you were together and how intense your feelings were for the other person. I tend to feel things deeply when having emotional days and bounce back really when when having logical days. In previous break ups it has taken me 2 months in general to be able to move on...I am having a logical day today lol.

Yup - I feel low for a few weeks and then I decide to kick * * * * * and sort myself out and aim for higher and better in all parts of my life.

4. Are you scared of entering into another the relationship again?

No - you can't feel the highs without sometimes feeling the lows. To have those really magical, in love moments...you have to have felt deep heart break too, to appreciate them. Most days I look forward to meeting the next guy to rock my world.

Yes - I don't believe in soul mates as I have been deeply in love three times. So its not like a 1 in a zillion chance youre going to meet Mr/Mrs Right. There are loads of perfect matches out there...its just finding them.

I don't plan to live alone...but if that's what happens so be it.

Lifes too wonderful, varied and exciting to sit worrying about being alone for ever.

In the depths of heart break that is how it feels - no one will ever fill that space in your heart again. But they will...and the next time you will choose better...because by then you will know better.

Unlikey - I already have a son from a previous relationship.

I would be happy just to have him...but I am open to have more children should I meet a partner worthy of me.