A good date, a "bad" goodbye??!?

Lansing

Ok, I ended up going out last night with that girl.... I met her a while back and we just recently started "dating" because she moved to my city about a month ago. Last night night was only the third time we went out, and, well, this is kind of embarrasing to post, because, I am sort of afraid she might eventually read this.... But, I figure, I am so confused now, I will post anyway!

So, I was feeling better after getting home and taking a bath and a quick nap so I went out anyway. When I got to her place, she came out to meet me and she kind of stopped outside of her door area and was standing there and I went and gave her a hug....(first hug)

We had fun, we went out for dinner... She showed me her place before we left. She ended up paying for dinner (I had paid the other times and she wanted to pay, I let her)...

After dinner, we went for a walk, we were chatting and joking around. It seemed to go well, but, I have a hard time distinguishing between "Friendly" and "Romantic" I guess.. It seemed to be flirty, but, maybe she was just being friendly!

So, we got back to her place, and without any discussion, we ended up back in her apartment. We chatted on the sofa, had something to drink, she showed me some pictures.... At one point I ended up with my hand on her knee... she didn't react much.. like,... even when I removed it she didn't move her knee (she was kind of cross legged looking at me and I was sitting beside her).... She played with her hair. When I was talking, she maintained good eye contact but when she talked, at times she seemed shy and would look away... A couple of times I would touch her arm (elbow, whatever) or her leg just to see how she would react... and, she didn't really react positvely or negatively!!

So, it was getting later and I figured it was time to leave so I said I would let her get to sleep... we went to her door and she passed me my jacket and she sort of stepped back (it was a small little hallway) while I put on my shoes... well.. she kind of stood where she was stepped back so, I decided not to go in for a hug/kiss whatever because it almost seemed like she had stepped back on purpose... but, I don't know!!

Anyway, I am confused by it all... During the night, things seemed to go well and I enjoyed her company a lot... I could tell she enjoyed the evening too as it just flowed well, but, she wasn't really reactive to escalating things it seemed! So, I don't know if I am making expecting too much or what(she seems a little conservative.. which I actually like... the last two girls I dated seemed too aggresive)...

Background info... we are both in our later 20s...

I don't know what I should do... I was thinking of inviting her out this weekend just to see if she says yes or not (I figured if she was interested, she would want to go out again).... But, part of me is thinking I should just back off for a while

Any suggestions or insight?

One, you need to read up on body language, because I think hers was probably giving you good signals.

Two, when you want to make a move, MAKE ONE. No half-hearted questions or tenative moves. You want o kiss her, do it. I have never had a woman react really poorly unless she was not into me at all.

She seems interested in you. I mean, it was your third date, there must be some reason she keeps going out with you.

If she wasn't interested, she wouldn't have invited you to her apartment. She wouldn't have shown you pictures, she also probably wouldn't have let you put your hand on her leg.. I mean, she would have done something to get out of that situation.

I think you are over thinking things. If the date went well and she didn't seem to be pushing you out the door, then chances are she is interested in you.