She is going Crazy..

Okay, well, me and my girlfriend have been together for about a year and a half. Great accomplishment for me, considering before her my longest was 3 months. So, I've settle down, enjoy her complany, love her alot, and really care about her.

Lately her best friend roomate has turned against her, for some unknown reason, possibly for the drama and attention. She got all of the friends in the group and all of them turned on my girlfriend. Now, she has no friends except for me. She hasn't done anything wrong and has lost her friends. She seems really upset about it.

Well, knowing of the situation I ask her to come along to almost everything I do because I don't want her to sit at home by herself all the time. Lately, there have been many problems. I feel so cramped by ALWAYS having to hang out with my girlfriend. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy her company but sometimes a guy needs his space and hang out with his guy friends. It seems like all we do now is argue. We both hate it, but yet we always seem to do it. Anytime I tell her that I just want to hang out with my guy friends for tonight she gets so emotional, saying, "What you don't want to hang out with me?? You don't like my company??".

Yesterday my best friend, I, and my girlfriend went to a local hangout bar for college students, like we are. The entire time she looked so bored, didn't initiate any conversations, and wouldn't talk even when we tried to include her. I try not to let it bother me because I feel like it's a choice not to have a good time, but she made it to where we weren't enjoying it. We had a big argument over that and I said that maybe we just spend to much time together. She then takes it so emotional saying, so you considering breaking up with me.. and of course I tell her no. But she always has doubts that I will, maybe it has to do with a guy thing in the past or her roomates situation.

Regardless, I don't know what to do. If anyone has any advice to this type of situation I will be greatful. I feel like this is a hugh barrier in our relationship and I don't know how to appproach it. Thanks in advance.

Ugh.....this is a Lose /Lose situation....unless your g/f can get a life OUTSIDE this relationship. She is guilting you into spending time with her..and do you enjoy it??? NO You don't. This is NOT your issue..this is HER issue. You are her b/f..NOT her therapist OR her doormat. I think it is important to be supportive...as you have been..but she needs to realize what a burden she is truly being, by sucking the life out of this relationship.

Have a talk with her. Let her know you love her ...but that you NEED your space. If she cannot understand that..or respect that..then perhaps a break is in order. I have been in a sufocating relationship before..and I DO know how miserable it is. Be honest....but be firm with her.

Let us know how it works out...

Regardless, I don't know what to do. If anyone has any advice to this type of situation I will be greatful. I feel like this is a hugh barrier in our relationship and I don't know how to appproach it. Thanks in advance.

maybe you should just talk directly to her. tell her that it is important to have a full life, not just binge on one aspect. a relationship should be like a terrific dessert, not your entire meal! you have to have other components to have a full life, friends, a career, family, hobbies, etc....

after all, what if something happened to you, or you guys broke up? who would be her support system? encourage her to make some more friends, maybe join a club or sport. somewhere she can go weekly to get out of the house and meet new girls.

good luck