ok, so now im trying to move on, and starting to get phone numbers and all that...

but ive been burned by a lot of women saying that "they werent happy anymore".

what makes a woman happy? i mean basic stuff and specific stuff. Not the "holding hands when walking" kind of stuff, but stuff that would mean something. like, giving her a compliment. something like that. i mean, romantic stuff out of the way, just basic woman needs.

The way you asked the question reflects that you aren't thinking of women as individuals or, really, as "people." Every woman is different and should be treated as such. In general normal people like kindness, generosity, understanding, tactfulness, etc. in varying degrees depending on context and the person involved.

There is nothing that makes all women happy in the sense you're asking. It made a woman I know very happy for her husband to order all her food for her at a restaurant, all the time. That would make me sick. Some women aren't happy unless they're hearing from their significant others every hour and some women only want to hear from him every few days.

What really makes people happy is to be treated like individuals - that might be as far as one can go in generalizing.

• Like 1

Consideration and empathy. We feel things just the way you do. If it would hurt you, it could hurt us. Everyone has bad days and everyone says things they may regret. No one is perfect. Not everything we say has a special meaning or is said to trap you. PMS is not reason we are in a bad mood (at least not everytime, but when it does its cuz we hurt and our hormones are fluctuating).

Attempt to understand what she feels. Try to see things from a different perspective.

Subject: King Arthur and the Witch

Young King Arthur was ambushed and imprisoned by the monarch of a

neighbouring kingdom. The monarch could have killed him but was moved by Arthur's youth and ideals.. So, the monarch offered him his freedom, as

long as he could answer a very difficult question. Arthur would have a year

to figure out the answer and, if after a year, he still had no answer, he

would be put to death.

The question?...What do women really want? Such a question would perplex

even the most knowledgeable man, and to young Arthur, it seemed an

impossible query. But, since it was better than death, he accepted the

monarch's proposition to have an answer by year's end.

He returned to his kingdom and began to poll everyone: the princess, the priests, the wise men and even the court jester. He spoke with everyone,

but no one could give him a satisfactory answer.

Many people advised him to consult the old witch, for only she would

have the answer But the price would be high; as the witch was famous throughout the kingdom for the exorbitant prices she charged.

The last day of the year arrived and Arthur had no choice but to talk to

the witch. She agreed to answer the question, but he would have to agree

to her price first..The old witch wanted to marry Sir Lancelot, the most

noble of the Knights of the Round Table and Arthur's closest friend!

Young Arthur was horrified. She was hunchbacked and hideous, had only

one tooth, smelled like sewage, made obscene noises, etc He had never

encountered such a repugnant creature in all his life.

He refused to force his friend to marry her and endure such a terrible

burden; but Lancelot, learning of the proposal, spoke with Arthur.

He said nothing was too big of a sacrifice compared to Arthur's life and

the preservation of the Round Table.

Hence, a wedding was proclaimed and the witch answered Arthur's question

thus: What a woman really wants, she answered...is to be in charge of her own life. Everyone in the kingdom instantly knew that the witch had uttered a great truth and that Arthur's life would be spared.

And so it was, the neighbouring monarch granted Arthur his freedom and

Lancelot and the witch had a wonderful wedding. The honeymoon hour approached and Lancelot, steeling himself for a horrific experience, entered the bedroom. But, what a sight awaited him. The most beautiful woman he had ever seen lay before him on the bed.

The astounded Lancelot asked what had happened and the beauty replied that since he had been so kind to her when she appeared as a witch, she would henceforth, be her horrible deformed self only half the time and the beautiful maiden the other half.

Which would he prefer? Beautiful during the day....or night?

Lancelot pondered the predicament. During the day, a beautiful woman to

show off to his friends, but at night, in the privacy of his castle, an old

witch? Or, would he prefer having a hideous witch during the day, but by

night, a beautiful woman for him to enjoy wondrous intimate moments?

What would YOU do?

What Lancelot chose is below. BUT....make YOUR choice before you scroll down below. OKAY?

Noble Lancelot said that he would allow HER to make the choice herself.

Upon hearing this, she announced that she would be beautiful all the time

because he had respected her enough to let her be in charge of her own

life.

Now....what is the moral to this story?

The moral is.....

well .... you decide!

LOL -

What makes me happy?

When my guy asks me what makes me happy. When my guy shows sincere interest in keeping me happy. When my guy is attentive even if I'm talking too much.

And when my guy makes our plans and schedule clear. Don't beat around the bush. Communicate! communicate! communicate!

If you can't figure your girl out, ask her......

Most women like confident men who take charge-not bully or demand,

but plan an evening and take care of every detail. Also, when women

talk about problems, that is a way for them to get close to their man-it's

a bonding thing, but they don't want you to come up with ways to fix the problem-they want you to listen and empathize with their feelings. Women (and men) like mystery. Don't be so predictable that she gets

bored-keep the romance alive. Don't bring up other women, past loves

or exes they absolutely hate this because they seem to always think that you're comparing them to the other women. How's that for starters?

Most women like confident men who take charge-not bully or demand,

but plan an evening and take care of every detail. Also, when women

talk about problems, that is a way for them to get close to their man-it's

a bonding thing, but they don't want you to come up with ways to fix the problem-they want you to listen and empathize with their feelings. Women (and men) like mystery. Don't be so predictable that she gets

bored-keep the romance alive. Don't bring up other women, past loves

or exes they absolutely hate this because they seem to always think that you're comparing them to the other women. How's that for starters?

I shouldve known this a while ago! i mean, men often think that when women come to them with problems, they need to come up with a solution! hmmm...

what makes a woman happy? i mean basic stuff and specific stuff. Not the "holding hands when walking" kind of stuff, i mean, romantic stuff out of the way, just basic woman needs.

I can't speak for other women so I'll tell you what makes ME happy.

When I feel loved. Appreciated. Heard. Understood. Respected.

When I can be my own person, when I can be myself.

When he is himself. No facade, no mask.

When he doesn't escape.

When he is authentic. Sincere. Honest. Even if I don't agree or don't like it much.

When the very imperfect me is still loved, appreciated, heard, understood, and respected no matter what.

When he makes efforts. Doesn't mean he has to get everything right. I sure don't get everything right!

When he trusts my judgement, my decisions. When he trusts me. When he trusts I'll do my best.

When he invests in us. I don't mean by that he has to hold my hand 24/7 and write me poetry. Small things do add up.

When he acts, talks and behaves like an adult.

When I don't need to mother him.

When he doesn't make me feel like a child.

When he tells me stuff. When he talks about the real things.

Does this help?