So I have been thinking about calling my ex. He broke up with me about 2 months ago. We had been dating for 2 years and we broke up over the phone in about 20 minutes. I had been doing much better but lately I've been really depressed again. I'm hoping this depressed and crying phase will pass soon. I was thinking of calling him after I start to feel a little better which might take a week or two. I feel a little unsure about calling him though. We haven't had any contact at all since the night we broke up. I don't want to be friends yet I think I'd just like to discuss things since the night it happened I was so upset I barely remember what was said. I don't know if this is a good idea. I thought it might help but I'm afraid he might be mean to me and think I should be over it and not want to talk. I'm afraid how I will feel if he ignores me or is rude. I feel pathetic for saying that but it is true. Do you think I should wait for him to contact me or just call and see what happens?

If he hasn't contacted you in 2 months he's unlikely to do so anytime soon. I know its hard when you need closure, but it doesn't sound like he has anything to say to you so you may be best leaving the NC in place. Best wishes, feel better. Time will make it easier to cope.

I don't think you should plan to call him anytime soon. What good could possibly come out of it?

Chances are you will just be reminded of why he doesn't want to be in a relationship with you. And honestly I can't see how you would be anything but hurt all over again.

I think you are doing a great job by sticking with no contact. And I think that you need to continue with it, at least for now. Don't even think about calling him if there's even a little doubt in your mind that it might not go well.

You know we are always here for you though!

I don't want to be friends yet I think I'd just like to discuss things since the night it happened I was so upset I barely remember what was said.

I would call him. Otherwise the lack of closure is likely to play bigger on your mind than the break up itself.

This isn't what I wanted everyone to say . Haha I was secretly hoping everyone would think it is a great idea I call him. I guess i know its better to stick with NC. I just feel so sad when I wonder why he left me but I guess it doesn't matter cause if he loved me, he would call. Its just I was sort of mean at the end of mini break-up conversation and told him to have a nice life (original I know) and I hung up. I guess as silly as it sounds I feel guilty for being mean but I was so caught off guard and upset by the break-up. I guess I will stick with NC. I just wish I could stop thinking about him all the time...

I would call him. Otherwise the lack of closure is likely to play bigger on your mind than the break up itself.

yeah that is the reason I was thinking of calling. I was just afraid because I wasn't sure it would be worth it if he was mean but than maybe that will help me to think he is a jerk. haha