Jump to content

Both virgin, need condom?


darthpeladus
 Share

Recommended Posts

Everyone will have their own opinions on this one!

 

Condoms are the only way to protect you from STI's. But this is obviously not going to be a problem for you. However, to be as safe as you can be, you should always use a condom as well as the pill.

 

That being said, when I was in your situation, the pill was my only form of contraception. But this is just me, and some people will say that's not enough. You have to make your own mind up. And be prepared for the consequences of your decisions!

 

Good luck, be safe, have fun

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While it does matter about STD's, you should always use a condom as it gets you into a good routine of always having safe sex...

 

Not to mention you can still get pregnant even if you are a virgin, it only takes one time to fall pregnant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

aymee_lee, thanks!

 

 

 

But we are both virgins, what are the odds that one of us has any STD?

What about only the first time? Not using condom only on the first time?

 

Just look at it this way it is always better safe then sorry when it comes to sex !!!! no questions asked, even the first time.

It is still a possibility either one of you can have an STD even though you both are virgins. You can get an STD from your mother during birth, or from someone just "fooling around".

And who is to say that when you start gettin into it you are going to not think about it and not pull out? especially being a virgin and all, and she can get pregnant by precum alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, wait, I am talking about her taking pills and me not using condom. Not about not using any kind of protection...

 

Yesterday we were going to buy condoms together, but when I took her to the bus statition, the pharmacy in which we were going to buy them was already closed.

I am asking this cause a (female) friend of mine told me that its far more better to do it without condom and using pills, and even more in my case, cause we are both virgins.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't trust anyone if they said they were a virgin nowadays.

 

Use a condom anyway.

 

Yes, I am quite the cynic but, to quote Furious Styles from Boyz In The Hood, "The pill won't keep your ___ from falling off!"

 

I would only trust someone if I saw their STD/STI test results.

 

Furthermore, even though babies are not STI's, you still have to deal with that decision the rest of your life.

 

Use condoms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, wait, I am talking about her taking pills and me not using condom. Not about not using any kind of protection...

 

Yesterday we were going to buy condoms together, but when I took her to the bus statition, the pharmacy in which we were going to buy them was already closed.

I am asking this cause a (female) friend of mine told me that its far more better to do it without condom and using pills, and even more in my case, cause we are both virgins.....

 

Birth Control also isn't 100% .. and im with whoever said watch who you trust about sayin they're a virgin and even with her sayin shes on the pill cause I have seen quite a few girls play that game with guys to get pregnant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Forget about not trusting her... I'm sure you have every reason to. But, unless you're 100% financially and emotionally ready to be a father, you should use every form of protection available to you. She's on the pill, that's great! That's a 99% chance you won't get her pregnant! But, if she's that 1%, your life will change, 100%. Don't take that chance, unless going bare is worth that risk to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would highly suggest using condoms.

 

The pill is not 100% - no birth control is 100%, but depending on how good she is at taking the pill, the effectiveness of the pills is around 95%. THat often quoted 99% is actually for "perfect use" like you would have in lab conditions. 95% still seems like pretty good odds...until you end up in that 5% and I know a few people on this earth today because their parents ended up in that 5%!

 

It would be different if you were both older, in a very long term relationship and prepared to handle a pregnancy if it occurred, but right now best to be as safe as you can be.

 

I have also known a few girls whom were horrible about taking pill, lied to partners about it, ended up pregnant....

 

It's better to EACH take some of the responsibility for birth control into your own hands.

 

You can also contract STI's in other ways then intercourse - like oral sex, skin to skin contact, passed down from mother during childbirth etc. Until you both show proof you are both free of any diseases, always best to assume that you aren't clean.

 

Sure, some feeling is not as strong as if you were not using them, but you can find some great thin condoms now..and in my opinion, losing a bit of feeling by using a condom is much better than facing a lifetime of sterility, genital warts, cervical cancer, or parenting when you are not prepared for it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks everybody!

As I said, until yesterday's nigth, this wasnt even a question for me, I knew I was going to use condom. That friend of mine told me about using just the pills, and when she said that, I asked a lot about STD, but she kept saying that if we are both virgins (and I really trust my girl, she also hates to lie about anything, so I dont think she would lie about this) then there shouldnt be any problem....

I havent even talked to my girl about using pills instead of condoms.

So I wont even mention this to her and we will stick to the plan of buying condoms.

 

Anyways, today its 2 months since we started dating

And I am so happy... I wanted to be with her for like 3 months, but thougth that nothing can happen between us.... until she came to me and asked me "Can I kiss you?"

After that we didnt become a couple, cause she said she was confused a little... but after some time she came again and said "is it too late to change my midn?" And that happened exactly two months ago...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also suggest using a condom. It can help you last longer during your initial encounters. There is also less messy cleanup. Though you didn't ask I have to suggest my personal favorite durex ultra sensitive. If you fiddle around with the wrong condoms you may not even feel like you are inside her. Some condoms suck. ime durex doesn't suck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been in your situation for the last year. The pill is a wonderful thing, but combined with the use of a condom it is even better. Grant it, it's nice to be able to go without the condom, but birth control can only be so effective. Combining the 2 methods is damn near fool-proof.

 

I highly recommend the pill for several reasons. The most obvious is the pregnancy issue, but besides that my girl loves the fact that she knows exactly when her period will hit, and how long it will last. It actually not only decreased the length of my girl's period, but signficantly decreased the symptoms (she had it REAL bad before the pill). Might be something to suggest to your girl =)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Well, talked to her about the pill the other day, and she told me she prefers not to use it. First, she has some hormonal problems, and in the last 6 months is has begun to order itself, so she doesnt want to do anything with that. More than that, her sister once used the pill, and when she stoped, she couldnt get pregnant for 2 years...

So it will have to be just condoms...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...