Well I'm back here after 4 months of NC with some final actions. I just recently found out my ex will be moving down south to a bigger city at the end of august/early sept. And granted I knew this would be coming for some time it kinda put a finality to the whole 'getting back together' thing. In fact for the weeks prior to this news, I didnt want to get back together "now" anymore. But I would've like to grow and start my career (something that hurt the relationship) and then maybe call her up sometime and see if we had anything left. Anyway i've been thinking of asking her out for a day, kinda to say goodbye on better terms. I've seen her around and it hasnt hurt me for awhile now, but I know if I do this most likely it will feel like old times, but thats actually what I wouldnt mind. Kinda farewell, I'm so proud of your accomplishments I know you will do great things, and know that you have the biggest fan of your life right here, and someday I will find you again. Granted this would hurt the NC effect of me as her safety net again, I just feel after being with her since she moved back to this town I should atleast say goodbye when she leaves. turn my love into a selfless love by letting her go, but by being there for her in the end as she leaves..

Lets hear what you all have to say.

Also I just found a card she gave me for Valentines, I cant believe of all the times I find it now, I was thinking of maybe getting her a card that talks about love, or giving her back this one to show her what we once had, to remember it.

Also #2 This would be a one time thing, no friendship, just back to NC but left on a positive

Thats very unselfish of you - That you still wish her all the best in life and want for her success. But I would think before I do something like this!

You don't know what kind of reaction "your contacting her" will get. She would contact you before she leaves if she wanted to say "goodbye" properly.

I know you feel stronger and that you are "over it." But just make sure you are prepared for the consequences of perhaps her talking about a new boyfriend or someone she has met down south....or something that will niggle away at you! Just be careful!. You are the giving one here!

XOX

there part of me thats like "nc did its job it brough me back to me" which is.... "sweet" I get that alot, I'm one of the sweetest guys and this sounds like something I'd do if it was just a friend leaving..and if she says no, that sucks but atleast I was willing to try instead of wondering

mike..

if you feel you want to do this as a selfless act, then by all mean do so. it sounds from what you have written you have some distance and som eclosure here. Wishing her well is a nice gesture on your part.

I would rethink sending her card or one about love. May not be the best idea.. again that is my opinion.

best of luck.

Mike,

Fraid to say it very much sounds like you are not "over her". I'd say your idea might be a mistake. If she contacted you, fine, then your approach and attitude at her/on moving on is a great one -but don't initiate it -concentrate on yourself not what she's doing.

I'm going to try to get a better grasp on when she is leaving, then maybe think on it somemore, wait to see if she initiates anything first, then swallow my pride and make a decision.

edit, thats a big 10-10 on the card (negative)

keep it up!!

well I did it, broke NC on the saturday and ended up having some fun, now I meet her tomorrow before she leaves town, and was looking for some ways on how I should talk about myself/her/in general. Its so weird the things she's said now after so long..5months nc and then one last hurrah...