Has anyone transformed their body to such a degree that you can't help getting dates?

I've had an acquaintance once who told me his transformation from skinny geek to very fit athletic guy. He started to get dates left and right and couldn't believe how every girl was giving him more attention than ever. Anyone here on this board transformed their body and became more attractive to the opposite sex?

Thin guy here too. Im not gonna change my hole appearance for the sack of getting more girls. If they dont like how i look and act now, why should i change?? If i suddenly buffed up now, and started getting more girls, i would just be depressed about how the girls i would be with, i normally wouldnt be with. Screw that noise!

This is funny in my opinion. There were these girls who always said they were interested in personality (that's what they told mutual friends). Yet i could never get a date with them. I was obese and short my sophomore year...i guess i hit my growth spurt late because that summer i grew, and worked out (which is strange cause i heard from some people that weight training actually can stunt growth). Not to brag, but i came back my Junior year 6'3" and benching 265lbs. Needless to say i was buff. What is even more hilarious was that these girls who decided that appearance was more important started asking ME out.. anyways, i got my revenge on them in my own little way.

yeah, i went through a transformative period in my early twenties.

Tell you the truth, my body didn't change too much - only more athletic and cut. I was going through a buff-and-the-stuff, work-out all my problems thing.

A lot of it had to do, I think, with the fact that I was taking care of myself better, showing more skin (never wore a tank top til then!), and my confidence went through the roof. I went from shy-bookish and somewhat mean, to more friendly and outgoing. I was more 'fun'.

Plus, some people are just hopelessly easy to sway when a girl is dressed pretty w/ makeup and such. They become easy to spot.

People who knew me from before were saying 'whoa, who is this cute girl now?'.

Needless to say, I was always cute. They just chose not to see it when I was layering my clothes and paying them no mind.

it's an interesting thing, no doubt. good looks and confidence do help to catch attention...initially. but people never change.

Haha, yeah...I used to be that guy, but to my surprise, just cause I'm someone who has to learn through my own experience...it's really confidence, that's all.

When I was younger(like grade school/elementary) I was in with all my friends and keeping up, then everyone else seemed to grow faster or something, and I felt behind, lost a lot of my confidence watching people I used to think were equals to me, now beating me in sports, talking to girls easier, just overall more likeable for some reason. Then it sort of continued all the way through highschool, but each year I slowly figured it out a little more, and yes I did lift, but honestly it never really began to show until I was a senior. I had only had a few dates in HS too, and honestly they were all horrible because of how reserved I was.

Past couple of years though, I finally figured it out...it's really just confidence and going out to have a good time...and not caring at all what anyone thinks of you. I still do lift and keep myself in great shape, cause if I didnt I'd still be really small and probably less confident, and now I never thought I'd say this but there is such a thing as "more is NOT always better"...cause girls won't leave me alone now. It does help to work at a very popular clothing store in a mall though haha

Yes. Used to be a rather overly curvy girl (Don't want to be horrible, but I really was FAT) lost ALOT of weight and now that I am like half the size I used to be (Still curvy, but in a good way) I find lots more guys will check me out, ask for my number and even ask me out. Would've been great when I was single, but when u have a BF, it makes things rather difficult...

A woman here responding to some of your comments. I've usually preferred the more thin men myself, (I do like them to have bigger arm muscles than me Though if you do want to get buff I know some girls who prefer the more muscular type, though. It all depends on the total package though, and unless a guy is seriously thin and has barely any muscles at all, then I don't think he should worry about it, there are plenty of women who go for the lean type, just as there are plenty of women who go for the muscular type.

I think generally just take care of yourself, at least some amount of hygeine and grooming would be appreciated, be healthy and be yourself, make sure you're reliable, and respectful, and the right girl will be the one who likes you.

PS. It's ok to be a nerd.

Transforming your body alone doesnt help you get dates. What happens is the person becomes happier with themselves and in turn, it brings up your confidence and that in turn gets the girls. Looks matter to a certain degree but its confidence that gets you the girl.

This has happened to me also, when my ex broke up with me, I lost 25lbs, worked out, im not in the best physical shape, but my confidence skyrocketed and now i get a lot of attention.

You could look like Brad Pitt, but if you are depressed all the time, that will show and you will never get a girl.

This is funny in my opinion. There were these girls who always said they were interested in personality (that's what they told mutual friends). Yet i could never get a date with them. I was obese and short my sophomore year...i guess i hit my growth spurt late because that summer i grew, and worked out (which is strange cause i heard from some people that weight training actually can stunt growth). Not to brag, but i came back my Junior year 6'3" and benching 265lbs. Needless to say i was buff. What is even more hilarious was that these girls who decided that appearance was more important started asking ME out.. anyways, i got my revenge on them in my own little way.

Revenge? Well to be realistic and fair, are the majority of the women you are persuing obese?