Thank you all for posting advice to me. I think it will work out in the end. I just need to NOT let my fears and my obsession with routine haunt me and keep me from living.

I think I am also going to get therapy since it will help me improve on my life. I want to keep my friends and maybe if I get into therapy I will use them less as sounding boards and enjoy them more as friends.

RW, as you can see, a lot of us are rooting for you. I cannot stress enough - there is no shame in seeking help from a trained professional. It takes courage, actually, and I know you have more of that than you fully see.

Like I said before, I've had therapy myself, many of us had. I know the signs when one of us is just "stuck" and can't seem to break out of our pattern on our own, or through the advice of friends and family.

And I don't want my original post to come accross as, "we can't help you here at eNotalone, go get therapy." Of course, our support and encouragement is always here for you. But you need a bit more in addition to that.

((HUGS))

RW, as you can see, a lot of us are rooting for you. I cannot stress enough - there is no shame in seeking help from a trained professional. It takes courage, actually, and I know you have more of that than you fully see.

Like I said before, I've had therapy myself, many of us had. I know the signs when one of us is just "stuck" and can't seem to break out of our pattern on our own, or through the advice of friends and family.

And I don't want my original post to come accross as, "we can't help you here at eNotalone, go get therapy." Of course, our support and encouragement is always here for you. But you need a bit more in addition to that.

((HUGS))

Yes, let me echo that. There are many people in therapy who post on here and use it as a supplement to therapy. Or as a place to receive support and encouragement.

RW, I just wanted to add that everyone needs professional help in the world. I don't know of one person who I can think of and say "this person wouldn't benefit from counseling of any kind because there is absolutely nothing wrong with them."

AND on a personal note, I LOVE going to counseling! Someone who is completely focused on you, your thoughts, your issues, your problems...you'll never find anyone that attentive to you and who you are. I LOVE IT!

They really make a huge effort to help you unravel your thoughts, and give you a clear, unbiased perspective on things when you ask.

Facing big issues is tough, but you know what? It's 100% worth it. Letting all those skeletons out of your closet gives some emotional pain at first...then your mind literally lets it go. You deal with it, and you move forward, completely proud of yourself for doing so.

You can so do it girl.

AND on a personal note, I LOVE going to counseling! Someone who is completely focused on you, your thoughts, your issues, your problems...you'll never find anyone that attentive to you and who you are. I LOVE IT!

They really make a huge effort to help you unravel your thoughts, and give you a clear, unbiased perspective on things when you ask.

Ah, ditto that! A few years ago I was having a really rough time. I just felt I didn't know what I wanted in a career, a relationship, anything...I also knew how I was currently proceeding was basically just going around and around in fruitless circles. What's more, there were a few issues that had basically been haunting me for some time. I finally realized I needed to talk to a therapist - these were things I just didn't feel comfortable sharing with friends and family. And I fully expected it would take many sessions before I even shared some of this with any therapist I worked with.

Er, not so. I lucked out, and the first therapist I met with turned out to be a kindly older woman who had the most intense aura of empathy I had ever encountered. I don't know what she did, but within minutes I was sobbing out all my woes, to my big surprise, LOL.

I went to her for about a year, and one thing that really stands out to me is how she taught me to embrace qualities about myself I had previously felt were setting me back, should be squelched, repressed, etc.

It was incredibly liberating. I'll never forget her.