So the other day my bf and I were laying in bed and he traced "I love you" on my back. He has never said those words to me and that's the first time he admitted that he feels that way about me. The thing is that I couldn't say it back to him, in fact I'm petrified of falling in love with him. I was in a serious relationship long time ago where I put my whole guard down and obviously it didnt work out. Ever since then I have a hard time letting myself feel for someone past a certain point. I care about him so much, he is perfect in so many ways and makes me sooooo happy. How do I overcome my fear of falling in love? am I weird for feeling this way? We have been together for over a year, he has always been there for me and I don't want to lose him.

Thanks...

LIfe is about risks. You get nowhere without taking them. But its calculated risks you must take. Love is the greatest feeling in the world, being in a bad relationship can be the worst I imagine as I havent been in one yet. The point is if things arent adding up to you with a guy no matter how much you love him it wont make for a good healthy relationship. Maybe you are noticing things you dont feel add up or maybe you need to look at how you are seeing things.

You feel the way you do because you're essentially looking to something uncertain and impermanent for a sense of security that it cannot deliver.

Don't worry... we all make this same mistep over and over again. We put our hopes for a secure life in something outside of ourselves... in something that our intuition knows is subject to change.

And because we know there is no way at all to arrive at a guaranteed security through something whose nature is change, we feel uneasy.

But when you understand this, then you can approach it in the right way... without looking to it for something it cannot provide. And, miraculously, you easily sidestep many of the pitfalls that everyone else inevitably falls into because your new understanding provides the permanent security you were looking for all along.