I'll make this short. Two weeks into her first month of being on the patch, we had a condom break, i also orgasmed inside her, unaware of the condom being broken. She should have been covered by the patch at that point, but we decided to get her the morning after pill.

This is the first period she should be having while on the patch, she took it off on sunday just as it said, and has of yet not begun her period.

Is a late (possibly missed?) period while on the patch common at first?

What are the chances of her being pregnant? (Those numbers are so incredbly small that if she was pregnant, i'll name the kid Miracle and become a monk)

It's only Tuesday, give it time! She is on new hormones, plus took EXTRA hormones from the MAP, and your period generally only starts once the hormones in your system decline. It also takes time to regulate your cycle when you get on hormonal birth control.

With using both patch and MAP AND a condom, she is more than likely fine, but her system is a bit messed up as well. I would say with all that protection, her chances of pregnancy are more than minute.

If she does not get a "period" (since it is a false period brought on by withdrawal of hormones) by end of week, she should take a test then.

No, they're not. The bigger ones broke 3 times in a row, and its extrememly difficult to put the smaller ones on (smaller around, dont come down all the way) and are excessively tight as well.

Please get used to tightness, its no problem. Breakage is worse. I suggest you find something as tight that goes down all the way. Meanwhile use the shorter ones, these may be more uncomfortable for her due to the ring entering her but it's not a big deal. You also could penetrate a little less.

• 2 weeks later...
I feel you buddy, I went raw and finished inside her, and was worried even tho she was on pill. I was happy when she got her period yesterday, unhappy cuz now I can't get any for a bit.

Gah, tell me about it, shes been having breakthrough bleeding for a few days.

No nookey for cathode

When I used the patch I would take it off on Sunday and most of the time not get my period until like, Friday.

The patch is constantly pumping hormones into a girls body for three weeks, it's always on, so it's a non-stop flow of the drug. (it puts more in the body than the pill)

Once the patch is not being worn it takes days for the drug inside the females body to wear off enough for her to get her period.

This is why doctors say to always use a condom for the first week of the month that the patch is on for. Because it's rebuilding all those hormones in a females body again, and there hasn't been too too much released into the body yet, but after three weeks, that all builds up.

Wait until the end of this week, if she still doesn't have her period by then, try an at home pregnancy kit

I agree with Italiano. When my girlfriend first went on the pill, I was(and am) still cautious about having sex with her. The first time she was supposed to get her period, it came on Wed. I, not really thinking it through, thought her period was supposed to start, like hours after she stopped taking the hormone pills...so for the next 3 days, i panicked, lost sleep, paced the floors....and everything until Wed...now i don't worry about it as much mostly cause it know it takes a couple days for the hormones to wear off.

I'm not sure about depo, never used it nor the patch. But i know that with the pill you ahve to take it every night at or around the same time. with the patch you just keep it on the whole month and take it off at a certian time.

Close...but the patch stays on a week at a time, you replace the patch once a week except for your "off week". With pill you have to take it every day regularly which some have a hard time with doing.

The advantage is less to forget I guess. But, it does leech higher amounts of estrogen which can be a big problem for women with estrogen sensitivity, and it also increases risks of breast cancer more so (though all estrogen/hormonal birth control can do this) because of higher estrogen content.