what are the best things to buy for your lady friends?

I went to another forum and they told me "lingerie".

Maybe..I really like this girl and lingerie would be a good way to push the barrier between friends and boyfriend/girlfriend zone, but I don't even know what size she is and usually boyfriends buy that for their ladies.

Can't do gift certificates. I am thinking about an ipod nano, because she has a CD player and even though she says that an ipod is a low priority for her, I think she is indirectly hinting that I should buy one for her, which is no problem.

Ok, I thought of a good idea.. if i can, maybe I could buy her a plant which has some symbolism involved because a plant represents growth and nurturing which is what makes friendships strong. I'll ask her what type of plants she might like. However, that is something I could drop off at her apartment..I am looking for a non-birthday gift that I can give her during a dinner.

Lingerie is a gift from a boyfriend, if it came from a friend it would be far too forward and creepy.

Find out what she likes and buy her a little something to do with it.

Don't make her feel endebted to you for this. You are choosing to buy her a gift, she is not asking you for one and has absolutely no obligation to feel anything for you more than friends.

When I was first dating my ex, I bought her some flowers and a small bear, just 'because'. Her reaction was one that can be expected. She had a big smile, said thank you and gave me a hug.

As time went on and I got to know her, my second gift to her was a houseplant. A jade plant to be exact. Her reaction? She burst into tears and wouldn't let go of me for a long time.

My point is the same as mentioned by other posters. Find out what she really likes, put some thought into it, perhaps a little creativity on your part, and it will be a gift she wont forget.

JP

never give lingerie to a woman unless you are already established in a relationship... the better way to 'push the envelope' from friendship to something more is to just talk to her about it!! i would be extremely uncomfortable if someone 'surprized' me with a gift of lingerie when we were only friends prior to the gift. if she does not want to be more than friends, she has to reject you in an embarrassing (to both of you) way, and if she does want to take it forward, that is way too sexual a gift when you haven't even discussed things yet, would probably make her feel pressured for sex in an awkward way...

so my suggestion would be to buy some little trinket that already has meaning to the both of you, i.e., some shared interest or hobby... and tell her, 'i saw this and it reminded me of you', or something that reminds you of how you met or some fun time you had together...

flowers or a plant are also always good, because most men friends don't buy women flowers unless they are really interested in them, and along with the flowers, you can then tell her you'd like to take her out on a real date!

good luck, and have fun!

You are trying to get her to be your GF? Mate I have to tell you I dont see "buying her off" as a good strategy. I mean if she saw you as something more than a friend you would be her BF. Buying her something is not going to make her magically feel attracted to you. BUt lets say she decides to become your GF after you buy her the iPOD. What does this say about her? That she only dates guys who buy stuff for her. This is called a "gold digger" and trust me with these types of girls gift giving is an on going commitmentor else their love wanes. Would you really want that kind of pressure in the relationship? Secondly what does this say about yourself? To me and most likely her at some level it says you dont have the confidence to just be you and sell yourself to her as you are. It says you need give gifts in order for others to like you.

Most certainly never buy a female "friend" lingerie and if you must buy her something a small cheap thoughtful present would be best. I dont see why you would by a female friend a present in the first place unless it was a special day for her or as a thank you for something she did. Anything else to me seems like you are trying to get in her pants.

You are trying to get her to be your GF? Mate I have to tell you I dont see "buying her off" as a good strategy. I mean if she saw you as something more than a friend you would be her BF. Buying her something is not going to make her magically feel attracted to you. BUt lets say she decides to become your GF after you buy her the iPOD. What does this say about her? That she only dates guys who buy stuff for her. This is called a "gold digger" and trust me with these types of girls gift giving is an on going commitmentor else their love wanes. Would you really want that kind of pressure in the relationship? Secondly what does this say about yourself? To me and most likely her at some level it says you dont have the confidence to just be you and sell yourself to her as you are. It says you need give gifts in order for others to like you.

Most certainly never buy a female "friend" lingerie and if you must buy her something a small cheap thoughtful present would be best. I dont see why you would by a female friend a present in the first place unless it was a special day for her or as a thank you for something she did. Anything else to me seems like you are trying to get in her pants.

don't mean to intrude on your topic but my friends bday is coming up and i've just gotten close to her (im a guy) in the past couple of months and last year I'm not sure if anyone got her a gift (like her guy friends) because I really didn't know her much. But this year I am planning to get her a gift BUT if no guy friends get her a gift i'm thinking it may seem weird....shes really into basketball so I might get her somethin related to that....

Lingerie? Why would you buy her lingerie if you guys are not even boyfriend/girlfriend yet? *confused* If a guy did that to me, I would see him as a jerk, who is just trying to get laid. I would not even be friends with him anymore. I had never heard anything worse than that as a gift idea for the purpose you have...LOL

Whoa now. I have several lady friends who I have boughten custom panties for. And we are just friends. They all thought it was a very special gift and being custom, very sweet of me.

And I'm talking about thongs. * * * * that has my name on it or a joke or something dirty. And they still loved the gift. They tell me almost everytime they are wearing them.

And no I'm not a manwhore, he * * * * * or whatever you want to call it. I'm just a regular guy. And the women are just regular girls. They're not sluts and we don't have sex. We're just good friends who can be goofy and sweet.

Sometimes men and woman can be very good friends and not let things like sex rule their thoughts.

Yikes dude you are gonna get taken. To be honest a lot of girls are going to say they like gifts. Why? Becuase they are the ones getting them.

Instead of giving them gifts I think you should take that money and make a bet with me. If in 10 years tiem you feel stupid for buying this gift, you owe me the price of an iPOD Nano, lets say $200. If not I am totally game to hand it over to you. What do you say?